Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tannenba View Post
    Anything ever come of all this? So much excitement, then radio silence for months. I would love to be a customer for this work!

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    If i were in the position to manufacture and sell them, i would have already... but the OP has abandoned the idea.

Everything that's needed for this project is available in one for or another, including a person to craft the silicone molds, the epoxy resin to make adapter housings, the components like audio jacks, magnets, wires, etc... the trickiest part is making the wire contacts (obtaining the proper materials), but it's not too hard either.

But it seems like no-one wants to manufacture them by hand, and my mother will not allow for that in the house either

If one person is willing to hand-fabricate the adapters and someone is willing to invest ~$200 into getting started, it can be done. Pre3 screen bezels are also in demand and can be manufactured the same way.

If this takes off and someone is interested, let me know and i can help with setting up the manufacturing process, having designed an inner mold half that would hold components in place like a pincushion while they are being soldered together and later coated in epoxy, before the outer mold is put in place.

For selling these things, i'd recommend Amazon over eBay...
    Last edited by Remy X; 08/09/2013 at 08:01 PM.
    So, why not just get one of these:

USB A 2 0 Male Data Charging Magnetic Cable for Palm HP Veer 4G Smartphone | eBay

- for $8 (with free shipping), chop the USB-A Male off the cable at what ever length you prefer and replace it by soldering a standard in-line 3.5mm Audio Jack socket (or your headphones directly) onto the cable-end instead?

However, Standard Veer Magnetic Audio adapters seem to available atm for around $10 + Free shipping.. so you might even save $1!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Magn...#ht_3836wt_910

Go with the Flow!

-
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 08/10/2013 at 06:06 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    So, why not just get one of these:

USB A 2 0 Male Data Charging Magnetic Cable for Palm HP Veer 4G Smartphone | eBay

- for $8 (with free shipping), chop the USB-A Male off the cable at what ever length you prefer and replace it by soldering a standard in-line 3.5mm Audio Jack socket (or your headphones directly) onto the cable-end instead?

Standard Veer Magnetic Audio adapters seem to be around $10 + Free shipping.. so you might save $1!

Genuine Magnetic 3 5mm Headphone Adapter P N 108 10815 00 for HP Palm Veer 4G | eBay

-
    Not everyone has the guts to wear that in public
    Mutoidi likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123