webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > Hp Veer headphone adapter issues
Hp Veer headphone adapter issues

Old 01/14/2013, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

When I use the headphone adapter and I plug the headphone all the way in it only plays the left side. If I unplug the headphone just enough for it to pop out both sides play fine any ideas?
mrmarquis9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/2013, 07:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

This might seem like a dumb idea but did you try a different set of headphones just to be sure it truly is the adaptor?
mjensen71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2013, 10:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjensen71 View Post
This might seem like a dumb idea but did you try a different set of headphones just to be sure it truly is the adaptor?
Not dumb, very reasonable actually. Not all headphones will have the "perfect fit" for all headphone jacks. I have this exact issue with a 3.5mm I use for my touchpad but works perfect on my Veer
Toadfrogjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/11/2013, 08:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmarquis9 View Post
When I use the headphone adapter and I plug the headphone all the way in it only plays the left side. If I unplug the headphone just enough for it to pop out both sides play fine any ideas?
you might want to clean the contacts on the Veer itself. These can collect dirt and gunk. A little rubbing alcohol and pin to scrape it out.
petbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/11/2013, 11:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmarquis9 View Post

Did you Meta-Doctor to 2.2.3 or 2.2.4???

That is known to break stereo over wired headphones.... The workaround is to use BlueTooth headphones.
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0