webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > Made a mess - HELP
Made a mess - HELP

Old 01/05/2013, 09:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

OK here is what I did. I have been using my Veer for over a year, profile Dr Skipped First used but tied to my account.
I installed Impostah and decided to switch it over to just my profile. It has been working on my TP for over a year and it said my login was my email address so I thought it would be ok.
Well I lost all my back up data and when I SMS it locks up after send and says "messages can no longer be sent or received in this conversation." If I type in the phone number again I can send it once but then the same message comes up.
To make matter worse, I gave my daughter a new Veer, unlocked and in Devmode, acvtivated. It was working fine but had no back up because it wasn't tied to a profile. I tried to authenticate it as well using Impostah and the same thing happened to her phone.
Help please???
tracks914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 12:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

OK, now so using Impostah I was able to back up...somewhat, but only my contacts came back. (most of them)
Trying to back up using webos wouldn't work at all until after backing up with Impostah. So now it went through the backup procedure.... but nothing new appeared on my phone. Still no calendar, no apps, and no mail.
Old 01/05/2013, 01:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

All my SMS conversations are back but my Profile says Dr Skipped first use. I want to hit back up on my Touchpad but I am afraid the server will overwrite everything on the Pad.
Mail is all gone even though I signed back in manually.
Great technology until you mess it up.
Old 01/05/2013, 05:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
All my SMS conversations are back but my Profile says Dr Skipped first use. I want to hit back up on my Touchpad but I am afraid the server will overwrite everything on the Pad.
Mail is all gone even though I signed back in manually.
Great technology until you mess it up.
the issue of Dr Skipped first use is covered in the forums. research the issue to create your appropriate profile. Good luck
ulmens is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0