webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > Back Date Back-up HELP
Back Date Back-up HELP

Old 01/05/2013, 08:49 AM   #1 (permalink)

I just accidentally erased my info on my Veer. I went to back it up but it failed part way through the back up. Now it won't back up at all and it says the last back up date was during the failed attempt. This means when I now back up it backs up to this morning fail.
I did this once about 2 years ago and HP was able to backdate my backup. but, I can't find the contact info to get them to do it.. I think I used live chat last time but that doesn't exist anymore?
Any help out there?
tracks914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2013, 10:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

This happened to my Veer as well (2.2.4)
I ended up wiping anyway and everything seemed to do just fine for me.

Realistically, how long did you let it attempt to back up?
I let mine sit for a good 30 minutes and it still didn't complete. But again, all my stuff seems to be here after the erase and reload.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

HP Touchpad White 64GB
HP Touchpad 32GB - Borken screen (sad day)
3x HP Pre3 (1 NIB)
2x HP Veer (1 NIB)
5x Pre- (1 NIB)

Gotta have some backups
Toadfrogjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2013, 11:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

Backed up for about 30 minutes but it just said back failed around 20%?
Since then I reinstalled everything manually.
tracks914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2013, 01:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm not sure how backups are cleaned up, but there's a chance older backups may not work because the phone automatically cleaned up the files. (Yes, for some reason it's done client-side.)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2013, 12:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

I had a Pre3 and it went dead on me on 12/29/12 (last time it was automatically backed up). I got a -Mighty!- Veer and it shows me the last backed up date. I try to make a backup and it only says "preparing" and backup fails around 33%.
My question is: I'm planning to keep both (my actual Veer and a new Preł that's being unlocked) and I don't know if it will make an issue when switching between both devices (one is 2.1.2 and the other 2.2.4)?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
ajguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2013, 09:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

Well, you can't have them both on the same profile, so you'll have to fiddle with them to get backups transferred.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0