Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Hi,
    I have the same Problem like kingbosslos. I can't use the links, only for Illivid. I had to use the European link.
    Can anybody help here?
    Hi Herrie

Thanks a lot for the 2.2.4 Doctor. Works like a charm and the 2.2.4 is awesome

I just have an small problem
    I am failing to install fonts following the same procedure I used with 2.1.2

Was something changed in this area? There is any new procedure?

Thanks
    Pepe
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Pre 3 gets all the love... Even though Veer is sooooooo squeezeably cute.
    I love the Veer. I wish it was on Verizon, I would pay hundreds for it
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    I found Herrie's blog and a working 2.2.4 link, (thanx by the way this is TOTALLY awesome) but I have a few questions. 1) will I still need to install the maps update? 2) will this get rid of the phantom ota updates that cause the maps app not to work anymore? I know a many prefer google maps but since I cant get the att navigator to work worth a darn, I like the turn by turn directions of the HP app better. The google app always pre-populates the address, but if I search it says it isn't valid and I have to manually reenter it, and it doesn't seem to save previous searches. 3) the thread with the patches to stop the veer from rebooting during calls was rather long and went back and forth...what are the actual patches I need to make sure a reboot doesn't happen and am I able to still use patches for phone haptic feedback etc? 4) The phone seems a little faster, do I still need patches like buttah, muffle system logging etc? 5) The icon for the att network changed from h+ to 3g, does it matter?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    1. Yes (though not 100% sure), 2. Yes, 3. My patch should work in that topic. 4. Yes will still help, can post my patches if needed. 5. There's a patch for that. This is WR version. It will get h+ speeds just shows 3g.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 05/03/2013 at 04:02 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    1. Yes (though not 100% sure), 2. Yes, 3. My patch should work in that topic. 4. Yes will still help, can post my patches if needed. 5. There's a patch for that. This is WR version. It will get h+ speeds just shows 3g.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Thanx for the quick response. I thought I might have to wait a few days since all the excitement has died down. Maps failed at first install when the system was recovering apps, but it downloaded ok and this time I didn't have to reboot the phone. I looked at the thread that had the patches, but it looked like there was more than one done and I wasn't sure which one(s) to install. Can you tell me the name(s) of the ones I need? Are they in preware or do I need to download them from a site? I'm not worried about the 3g, it just struck me as odd. The one thing that did disappear was the att contacts that come with the phone. If anyone has a list of those and their shortcuts, that would be great. The forums app also won't search for forums, but I dont know if that is as a result of the upgrade or the app itself. I haven't tried the TTS yet. I really appreciate you putting together a doctor for this. I've been wanting to upgrade for a while, but all the scripts seemed too complicated. The doctor I could handle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Thanx for the quick response. I thought I might have to wait a few days since all the excitement has died down. Maps failed at first install when the system was recovering apps, but it downloaded ok and this time I didn't have to reboot the phone. I looked at the thread that had the patches, but it looked like there was more than one done and I wasn't sure which one(s) to install. Can you tell me the name(s) of the ones I need? Are they in preware or do I need to download them from a site? I'm not worried about the 3g, it just struck me as odd. The one thing that did disappear was the att contacts that come with the phone. If anyone has a list of those and their shortcuts, that would be great. The forums app also won't search for forums, but I dont know if that is as a result of the upgrade or the app itself. I haven't tried the TTS yet. I really appreciate you putting together a doctor for this. I've been wanting to upgrade for a while, but all the scripts seemed too complicated. The doctor I could handle.
    Ok.. i've downloadee reboot_veer_test_act_superscript.patch and I'll see how things go.
    So far so good. I just have a few questions. I'm asking here as this is the shorter thread:

There was a device menu maxed out ultra, that kept the date and added volume and brightness and temperature, all the ones currently available remove the date. Is it possible to get a patch that mimics the 2.1.2 one? If not no big deal, I'm ok with the menu I have, I was able to add brightness to it and can live without the media volume.

I didn't see the pdf redux patch, is that available for 2.2.4?

Is there a glass theme for 2.2.4? I searched but couldn't find one or very many themes at all.

The uber calendar I had was a mega mix, does this differ from the one available for 2.2.4?

I noticed the default phone entries for at&t, some of the default bookmarks like amazon and at&t navigator are not present. I don't care about the navigator, I figure it just frees up space and is something I wanted to get rid of anyway, but is there anyway to get the amazon bookmark so that it has the nice centered amazon logo? I still have my palm pre, I don't know if bookmarks can be pulled from there tho.

Finally, and this isn't related to the doctor I installed, just something that's been on my mind: A few years ago on my pre minus, there was some patch that allowed me to do separate notification sounds for email, voicemail and phone. I had to redo my pre and lost the patch and can't recall what is was. Is there any patch that allows to change the voicemail notification sound? I like the voicemail to say "new message" and the email to say "You've got mail" aol style.

I didn't have high hopes for TTS. I've read remarks which stated it only worked half the time or not well and how you had to position the phone just right. Well this has been FLAWLESS. Thanx again Herrie for bringing 2.2.4 to my veer in a very easy way.

Edit:

There were patches available under all patches that didn't appear under the individual sections such as messaging and photos, so I was able to resolve a few questions. Please disregard the folflowing:

Is there a power button patch that works? The one in preware (advanced system menus -power menus) doesn't change the buttons. It's not the 2.2.4 as it didn't work with 2.1.2 either, I had to use a different one (advanced reset options I believe) that isn't in preware under 2.2.4. I could be doing something wrong with the installed patch, so it's possible user error on my part.

I didn't see patches to correct the naming of photos and videos, is there still an issue with this?

Is there a character counter patch for the messenger?
    Last edited by Sukiyaki; 05/05/2013 at 08:34 AM.
    I had a few more issues that have popped up, but nothing major. For some reason I cant install the patch to disable search engine notifications, does anyone know offhand if there are patches that conflict with that? Not a deal breaker, just annoying every now and then.

For some reason the fandango and city search apps don't want to load information, but flicker works and I have alternatives for citysearch. I didn't use those often anyway. There were a couple of other apps I removed because they wouldn't update or pull information.
    Last edited by Sukiyaki; 05/05/2013 at 08:59 AM.
    Bump....anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I had a few more issues that have popped up, but nothing major. For some reason I cant install the patch to disable search engine notifications, does anyone know offhand if there are patches that conflict with that? Not a deal breaker, just annoying every now and then.

For some reason the fandango and city search apps don't want to load information, but flicker works and I have alternatives for citysearch. I didn't use those often anyway. There were a couple of other apps I removed because they wouldn't update or pull information.
    The one to disable search engine could be it changed in 2.2.4. or conflicts with another patch. What is the exact name of it? Is it this one? "Disable Dashboard SearchEngine Notifications".

For the custom sounds, I believe you can find a patch called "Select Alert and Notification Tones" that might do the trick. I also believe one of Sconix "advanced" patches might be able to do it.

Some apps indeed worked fine on 2.1.2 but stopped working on 2.2.4 for whatever reason. For example SmartRunner which I really liked for tracking my workouts. Now I need to use MojoTracker instead, export it and upload to the SmartRunner website manually.
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    Wow, I am away for a bit and look what happens to my thread! Amazing.

Thanks Herrie!
    hi
    can you sent me a PM too? i realy need that!
    thanks
    Hello Herrie,

Thank you for all your deeply appreciated hard work.

In the thread "Arabization for webos" there is a successful fix for changing Veer 2.2.3 AT&T localazation by overriding the original "libWebKitLunsa.so" with a modified file. I have never replaced the original file yet because i'm still running 2.1.2.

Should this modified "libWebKitLunsa.so" work on 2.2.4 if it works successfully on 2.2.3?
    Hello Herrie,

Disregard my previous post as I found you replied to similar question in another thread where you advised to use 2.2.4 pre file.

thank you.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Can you please send me a pm too?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tullius128 View Post
    Actually, I never lose the the USB logo. Am I starting from the wrong status? I put in recovery mode (large USB logo showing), start webos doctor, get to the "next" button, all with usb logo remaining on. Hit 4% and it stalls waiting for the reboot per the log. Log then shows a flash failure and timeout waiting for the device to appear. Volume up doesn't force the reboot. I have to hold power and flick mute switch 3x to force a reset and I'm right back to 2.1.2.

UPDATE: Thanks again Herrie, for the assist and the great package. After another dozen tries, I switched 'host" computer from a laptop to a desktop tower. First try success! Weird. Almost as if the laptop USB connection was unable to trigger the Veer reboot after the Doctor downloaded the ramdisk. Anyway, I am now enjoying TTS and trying to figure out why Skype worked once but no more.....It's always something.
    Hi there, long time Palm user (from IIIc days) and WebOS user.

Picked up a 2nd hand German O2 Veer and had no idea initially that it didn't support Skype out of the box, just assumed it would be the same as my Pre 2. Spent hours yesterday trying to get a working link for the 2.2.4 package and then had it fail numerous times in different ways. Was very worried I'd bricked it.

Eventually settled on this 4% error and WebOSDoctor would eventually report the device disconnected.

This post helped me immensely just now. My front panel USB ports were always a little unreliable so I plugged the Veer directly into the motherboard at the back and it worked first time. Reset, 2.2.4 is up and running, Skype account works.

Many thanks to Herrie for the package and the work, tullius' innocent post and the community for being so vibrant.

Cheers.
    Hi,
    after doctoring my Veer to 2.2.4 it seems like it can't download anything - not from the net and the HP Appstore and I can't update apps.
    Do I have to doctor it again or did I just forget to apply a patch to my Veer?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonononoki View Post
    Hi,
    after doctoring my Veer to 2.2.4 it seems like it can't download anything - not from the net and the HP Appstore and I can't update apps.
    Do I have to doctor it again or did I just forget to apply a patch to my Veer?

Thanks
    i have the same problem, please help
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdoby View Post
    i have the same problem, please help
    Try to manually change the date in the Date&Time app. Setting the date back to june should do the trick. After installing the App catalog updates you can change to current date and time.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast