webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > Veers battery 2 low?
Veers battery 2 low?

Old 12/20/2012, 06:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi there,
I bought a veer together with my touchpad long time ago but did never really used it .
however, I now wanted to sell it and thatfor delete my personal settings.
Unfortunately the veer did not boot but showed for a bit of a second the please-plug-me-in-picture on the display and then fell asleep.
I could not charge the battery via the magnetic dock.
When looking for a way-out I read that there should have been that magnetic usb-cable- but I never saw that in my live before.

Is it possible that HP delivered my Veer without the magnetic usbcable?

Does the Veer NOT boot up when the battery is very empty and does he not get charged in that case via the magnetic dock similar to the Touchpad?

Thnx in advance,
Tim
gjjrjtkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/2012, 06:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Have you tried aligning it a little more precisely? Sometimes, touchstone charging can be tricky...

And BTW, the USB adapter can be bought on Amazon
Remy X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/2012, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
Have you tried aligning it a little more precisely? Sometimes, touchstone charging can be tricky...

And BTW, the USB adapter can be bought on Amazon
That's so true, it can be found in Amazon for a cheap price of $8-to $12 dollars a unit.....

Here's a Link: Palm Veer USB Magnetic Charger

Hope this helps
Old 12/21/2012, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

I believe I have charged Veer from a flat battery by using a TouchStone... I may be miss-remembering. Certainly it never was left uncharged for long and I may have used the AC charger. Can't rightly recall at this point though it seems I did use TouchStone... Hmmm. I'm sure I'd remember if I tried it and it failed.

TouchStone should supply enough charge even with an "empty" battery.

A cable and barrel most definitely should have been in the box with your Veer. The barrel is identical to all the other phone chargers including the ubiquitous Palm logo. The main difference being the mag attach cable specific to Veer.

If you get a solid mag attach to the TouchStone, leave it in place for awhile and it will boot when it reaches a decent battery level. If not, you are going to have to get a barrel and Veer specific cable.

Try searching around where you keep unused parts for that cable. I'm sure you would remember if you received a brand new phone that didn't have a charger in the box.
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/2012, 05:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

hey guys, thanks for your help.
i tried two things and at least one made the veer boot again:

i plugged the usb-cabel into the usb-charger AND followed remys tip and tried two move the veer in slightly different positions and voila!
there we are! :-)

greetz,
Tim
gjjrjtkt is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0