webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > I got my Veer!
I got my Veer!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AndroidN7User

Old 12/04/2012, 04:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

(everyone was awesome in my last post, let's hope someone can help again...please)

Alright, so I got it, had a few hiccups, but everything works...except the apps catalog.

So long story short, I had to do the devmode start up and bypass the HP account set up, because my sim card was set up at the store by a lady who didn't connect it to my phone, so I had to do it manually, and I couldn't do that until I got the phone turned on and recieved an email with my sim card's password, but I couldn't do that because the account hadn't been set up yet to allow data, and it would fail.

So I bypassed it and now everything works, but the apps catalog.

Is there a way I can make an account now? Or does anyone know what I'm supposed to do now?

I love the phone and even if I can't get any new apps (it will surely drive me insane) I'll still love the phone!

Thanks for any help!
AndroidN7User is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by RumoredNow likes this.
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 12/04/2012, 11:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

You might be able to use Impostah to activate your device and profile.
m0ngr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/2012, 01:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks, but I've read about it and I've only found it available in the app catalog (which I can't open). I'll keep looking. : /

Edit: I've tried the "not installing sim card, devmode, get impostah..." steps, but the app store still says "The action could not be completed. Try again later." which must be because I don't have a profile. It's odd that webOS never invented a website (where I can create an account) and even better that you can download apps to a computer and then be able to move them to the phone. I'm not a company or a phone developer and that seems like one of the first things to think of.

Last edited by New2Veer; 12/04/2012 at 01:37 PM.
AndroidN7User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/2012, 02:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Welcome to the Veer users society... We almost never meet out in the real world due to scarcity of distribution, but there are plenty of us right here @ webOS Nation.

If you don't have too much setup time invested, you could Doctor the Veer and that would put you back at first use. Now that you know how to enable data via SIM you could establish a Profile and move forward.

Impostah is in Preware... But if you can establish a regulation Profile, that's what I'd do. Less hassle in the long run.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Open webOS Alpha 2

Last edited by RumoredNow; 12/04/2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: teh tiepo bug gotten me
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/2012, 05:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

I got my Veer off ebay a few days ago. It is even cooler than I thought! People I have shown it to are impressed!

I have no SIM card yet. Is there any way I can get started with it without a SIM card?

thx
Bill Stahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/2012, 05:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Stahl View Post
I got my Veer off ebay a few days ago. It is even cooler than I thought! People I have shown it to are impressed!

I have no SIM card yet. Is there any way I can get started with it without a SIM card?

thx
A little searching bypass activation, WiFi profiles, impostah, DevMode....
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/2012, 11:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

IIRC deleting a few flags from the Luna prefs directory would reset the First Run app to allow logging in to a profile.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2012, 01:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Stahl View Post

thx
Like John Steffes said... or borrow a SIM with data from a friend.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Open webOS Alpha 2
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2012, 12:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

I would just restore the phone to a factory state, use any data sim (friends is just fine) and set it up again.
darkoman4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0