webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > Paid for apps not downloading for free
Paid for apps not downloading for free

Old 11/17/2012, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

I moved from pixi to veer and Sprint to China Mobile and for the most part everything worked. Got 95% of my purchased apps to migrate thanks to imposta putting my phone on the US app catalog. However there are 4 paid apps that show up in the catalog that require me to pay again. I wrote HP forums with my invoice number for each one and never got a response is there someone I can email or call?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
jckatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2012, 04:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Are you sure that this really are the same apps? Didn't you buy a "Pixi" version of the app and now the Veer is trying to get the "Pre" version?

You could try to find out if there are multiple versions and if you can get any of these by using Preware + Apptuckerbox. Switch "Ignore Devices" or something like that in the options of Preware.
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2012, 06:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yes, I use app tucker box (brilliant app). I am sure that somewhere along the lines they changed something. The names in the email are exactly the same but I am guessing there is a database change. It would just be nice if someone replied to emails at HP.

Because, while I wouldn't mind giving some local developers more money. Raxio and EA doesn't need my . $.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
jckatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2012, 10:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

I was going to say check that the app IDs are the same, but then again you might not know the actual app IDs. Just see they're not HD versions or something.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/2012, 03:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

But you ware in the US catalog before? That is where you bought the apps? EA has a lot of apps that have "international" versions here in Germany, I guess their app ids are different from them in the US catalog.
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0