webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > Porable Battery Pack Not Working With Magnetic Cable
Porable Battery Pack Not Working With Magnetic Cable
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By multiply

Old 11/14/2012, 07:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

After using my Veer for around a year, the battery is finally showing it's age. DR battery says my Veer's battery health is only 57% with a fully charged capacity of 533mAh from the original 935mAh.

So i went and brought a 2000mAh external USB portable battery pack capable of outputting 5V 1000mA, but to my surprise, the magnetic cable doesnt work with it! The charging never happens...

But when I load Dr battery, i noticed something strange:
Connected to external battery pack - drain is 0.4mA
Disconnected from the external battery pack - drain is 88.5mA

That means for some reason, the external battery pack doesnt put out enough juice to trigger the charge, but it does put out some juice to stop the Veer from draining it's battery!

Anyone in the same situation? Help pls
multiply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2012, 08:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiply View Post
After using my Veer for around a year, the battery is finally showing it's age. DR battery says my Veer's battery health is only 57% with a fully charged capacity of 533mAh from the original 935mAh.

So i went and brought a 2000mAh external USB portable battery pack capable of outputting 5V 1000mA, but to my surprise, the magnetic cable doesnt work with it! The charging never happens...

But when I load Dr battery, i noticed something strange:
Connected to external battery pack - drain is 0.4mA
Disconnected from the external battery pack - drain is 88.5mA

That means for some reason, the external battery pack doesnt put out enough juice to trigger the charge, but it does put out some juice to stop the Veer from draining it's battery!

Anyone in the same situation? Help pls
Nevermind, I just solved it.

I suspect it could be the same issue as the Veer car charger and I was right, I shorted the 2 center pins on the USB connector and now it's charging via the external battery pack.

Just thought i give back to what i've taken from this great community
multiply is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by RumoredNow likes this.
Thanked by RumoredNow, somline

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0