webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > Dead Veer in qhsusb_dload mode
Dead Veer in qhsusb_dload mode

Old 11/07/2012, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

I have dead HP Veer in qhsusb_dload mode. Any solution to unbrick it? I tried with Qualcomm's QPST, but have no mbn and hex files(
darkdeveloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2012, 05:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've been following the thread(s) here dedicated to this subject, but as of right now, no one has yet recovered any of the HP webOS devices. There is about a $1000 worth of hardware sitting around waiting for the solution..

Dead Pre 3 (QHUSB-DLOAD mode) is the main thread where all of the relevant news gets posted.
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2012, 06:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

All the needed MBNs can be found in webOS Doctor. I just don't know about the hex files.
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/08/2012, 05:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdeveloper View Post
I have dead HP Veer in qhsusb_dload mode. Any solution to unbrick it? I tried with Qualcomm's QPST, but have no mbn and hex files(
You need to remove the battery, i have same problems a month ago and this is the only solution to fix it.
Veer Disassembly - WebOS Internals

Rod confirm here If your Veer is stuck...
wMarck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/31/2013, 03:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

I've found some steps how to unbrick it. Maybe it will be helpfull for anybody

1) So what I do: in QPST Software download I select Multi-image tab
2) In image path I select path to MBN files extracted from Veer doctor
3) Select "Boot System: Sec Boot 2.0"
4) Also check Use Emerg. Host D/L
5) Also into image folder I've copied this file - MPRG7x30.hex and renamed it into eEMMCBLD.HEX
6) And then after some succesfull steps with sending boot to my phone I have this "Could not open downloader in DBL mode"

Any ideas?
darkdeveloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2013, 05:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdeveloper View Post
I've found some steps how to unbrick it. Maybe it will be helpfull for anybody

1) So what I do: in QPST Software download I select Multi-image tab
2) In image path I select path to MBN files extracted from Veer doctor
3) Select "Boot System: Sec Boot 2.0"
4) Also check Use Emerg. Host D/L
5) Also into image folder I've copied this file - MPRG7x30.hex and renamed it into eEMMCBLD.HEX
6) And then after some succesfull steps with sending boot to my phone I have this "Could not open downloader in DBL mode"

Any ideas?
The emmc chip in your phone could be fried. Post your log file (Dload_COM6.dbg) from Help -> Open Log File Directory. If it can't load the partition table then that's a sign the emmc is dead because it won't allow downloading to it.

After my Pre 3 was left in the pocket of my wool coat for about an hour with a webpage refreshing every 5 seconds, it was super hot. Then for the next week it would freeze within a few minutes after removing it from the charger. A few battery pulls later and... QHSUSB-DLOAD.
Old 04/10/2013, 07:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinedd View Post
The emmc chip in your phone could be fried. Post your log file (Dload_COM6.dbg) from Help -> Open Log File Directory. If it can't load the partition table then that's a sign the emmc is dead because it won't allow downloading to it.

After my Pre 3 was left in the pocket of my wool coat for about an hour with a webpage refreshing every 5 seconds, it was super hot. Then for the next week it would freeze within a few minutes after removing it from the charger. A few battery pulls later and... QHSUSB-DLOAD.
eMMC Overview | Samsung Semiconductor Global Website

Stupid question, anyone with a small utility soldering iron, unmounted a chip and put in a new one?

I assume it would take a lot of time, but would be a cool thing to test...

I have successfully flashed the A6, TouchPanel cypress chips, and brought them back from the dead. maybe we can see if anyone has the tools to swap chips...

Would be neat to have a 64G Veer instead of 8G...
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0