webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > Please help - No sound from speakers!
Please help - No sound from speakers!

Old 11/05/2012, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Dear community,

I'm at my wits' end. My wife's veer does not play any type of sound from the rearend speakers. She used her veer with the headphone adapter a couple of time; usually with such a problem un- and re-plugging the adapter would solve the issue. Now nothing.

No ringtone, no system sounds. Nothing.

When the headphones with the headphone adapter are inserted everything works. Every sound is played.

I search the other threads as this seems to be a common problem but nothing helped and there is no specific advice for the veer (older pres had the jack built into the phone if I understand correctly). This is not the case with the veer.

I also installed the patch "Pulse Audio Restarter." It did not help.

I did the diagnostic tests and there I get one sound from the speaker. But the sound that is labelled "freespeak mode" is not played.

What can I do? We're desperate as the phone is virtually unusuable without ringtone.

Thank you!
roughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/2012, 10:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughty View Post
Dear community,

I'm at my wits' end. My wife's veer does not play any type of sound from the rearend speakers. She used her veer with the headphone adapter a couple of time; usually with such a problem un- and re-plugging the adapter would solve the issue. Now nothing.

No ringtone, no system sounds. Nothing.

When the headphones with the headphone adapter are inserted everything works. Every sound is played.

I search the other threads as this seems to be a common problem but nothing helped and there is no specific advice for the veer (older pres had the jack built into the phone if I understand correctly). This is not the case with the veer.

I also installed the patch "Pulse Audio Restarter." It did not help.

I did the diagnostic tests and there I get one sound from the speaker. But the sound that is labelled "freespeak mode" is not played.

What can I do? We're desperate as the phone is virtually unusuable without ringtone.

Thank you!
I assume that the ringer switch on top of the phone is on.
Old 11/05/2012, 10:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yes, ringer switch is on. The volume regluation is also on the highest level and all icons show correctly. But no sound.

Tried kernel killdown, battery drain, etc. no solution...
Old 11/05/2012, 11:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, ringer switch is on. The volume regluation is also on the highest level and all icons show correctly. But no sound.

Tried kernel killdown, battery drain, etc. no solution...
Tried toggling the switch to the other position? It might reset something.

Get a copy of TouchVol, and see if there are any sliders that are pulled to minimum.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/2012, 11:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hi,

I installed TouchVol and chose Loud as a Profile. No success.

This is another observation: when making a call, the system rightly recognizes if a headphone is connected or not. But as soon as I change to "speakers" (the button next to the mute button), everything remains silent.
Old 11/05/2012, 12:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Joska22 solved it here: Any Definitive Solution To "No Rear Speaker Sound"?
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/2012, 02:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hi,

that thread is one of the first I read and I checked that immediately. First difference is that in the diagnostic tests, a sound does come out of the speakers with my veer. Second: the sound does not return when I blow into the speaker, not even for a second...
Old 11/05/2012, 02:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Tried playing media (like music or videos)?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 11/05/2012, 10:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Did you try The Ghastly Headset - for those of us with handsets stuck in headset mode! ?

Last edited by Herrie; 11/06/2012 at 06:16 AM.
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/06/2012, 03:03 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
FTFY. Click here.
Old 11/06/2012, 06:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Thanks, was crappy Google copy & paste. My post with attachment is at The Ghastly Headset - for those of us with handsets stuck in headset mode!
Old 11/06/2012, 07:39 AM   #12 (permalink)

First of all: thanks for bearing with me.

I installed the patch audio switch from preware yesterday and tried to disable the headphones mode but that didnt help.
Does anyone have a direct link to the ipk-file for the ghastly patch? I cannot unzip and the site is down.
Old 11/06/2012, 10:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
First of all: thanks for bearing with me.

I installed the patch audio switch from preware yesterday and tried to disable the headphones mode but that didnt help.
Does anyone have a direct link to the ipk-file for the ghastly patch? I cannot unzip and the site is down.
See my previous post, it has direct link including attachment on the forum
Old 11/11/2012, 02:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

Hi,

thanks so much for all your help. Turns out to be a hardware problem unfortunately.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0