webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > Got Myself A Veer - Looking For Help From Other Bell Canada Clients
Got Myself A Veer - Looking For Help From Other Bell Canada Clients
View Poll Results: Did you get to keep your Bell $15 discount
Yes 0 0%
No 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11/04/2012, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Well, I just got myself a new Veer to replace my rapidly aging Pre -. Before I activate though, I'm looking for fellow Bell clients to help me answer a question that's been nagging me.

I've gotten a lot of great advice in the forums on how to setup my Veer with Bell but the one question I can't seem to find a definite answer on was whether or not people got to keep their original $15 discount.

Ideally, I'd like to stay with the discounted plan but if Bell is going to take it away then I think I'll probably go back to my corporate plan and add data to it. Problem is, with the corporate plan I'd only get about 100Mb a month if I want it to come out to about the same price that I pay now.

Hopefully there are still some Canadians out in the wilds of the webos forums!
mjensen71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/04/2012, 03:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Unfortunately the answer is no, and once you buy the sim card to put in your Veer, they can track your data properly as well. I went for it as I wanted to be able to surf my TouchPad and still be able to make calls, as well as sms mirroring and TTS.... Although tts wasn't as useful as I thought it would be.
Old 11/04/2012, 04:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

I agree, I was disappointed not having TTS with my Touchpad, and I only use the Veer on WIFI, no data plan... but I love this phone. I am with Bell (Nortel) and kept my old phone plan. I just installed data, activated the phone then cancelled the data. No charge. I find enough places with free WIFI that I don't miss the data plan.
tracks914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: mjensen71
Old 11/04/2012, 05:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks Sledge007, I was afraid of that. I really just use my data connexion for email and websurfing as I'm often either at home or work and use my wifi in both places. I'm just worried 100mb's won't be enough. How do you like the Veer?
Old 11/04/2012, 05:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks Tracks914. I guess I'll need to go back to my corporate plan. I've still got about 9 months left on my three year contract so I don't know if they'll let me get out of it so I can use my snazzy new Veer. I don't think I could swallow paying $50 a month after getting away with $35 for so long! I really like the build quality of the Veer. It feels really solid. I'm afraid of how slippery it is though.
Old 11/05/2012, 11:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

I don't find mine slippery at at. If anything I find its so small that sometimes when "popping" it out of my pocket I have to really hang on to it for fear of dropping it..
tracks914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/2012, 12:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

I got to keep my discount back then when I switched to my Veer, but I think I just got lucky.

9 months out... you should have an upgrade available now. My contract was supposed to end next year Mar 2013, but I called in back in July when they were doing the $60/6GB combo plan promo, and got a Galaxy SIII on 3 year for flipping. Only issue was they forced me to activate a microSIM so I had to make an adapter for it to continue to work in my Pre 3.

This is my plan:

$62
200+50 Mins
100 Canada LD
6GB Data
6PM EW
Unlim Text and Picture
Unlim Incoming
Fab 10
CID
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/2012, 03:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
I don't find mine slippery at at. If anything I find its so small that sometimes when "popping" it out of my pocket I have to really hang on to it for fear of dropping it..
Yeah, I know what you mean. I've already done an unintentional juggling act with my Veer when I tried to pop it open. I should have auditioned for Cirque de Soleil with that act!
Old 11/05/2012, 04:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
I got to keep my discount back then when I switched to my Veer, but I think I just got lucky.

9 months out... you should have an upgrade available now. My contract was supposed to end next year Mar 2013, but I called in back in July when they were doing the $60/6GB combo plan promo, and got a Galaxy SIII on 3 year for flipping. Only issue was they forced me to activate a microSIM so I had to make an adapter for it to continue to work in my Pre 3.

This is my plan:

$62
200+50 Mins
100 Canada LD
6GB Data
6PM EW
Unlim Text and Picture
Unlim Incoming
Fab 10
CID
Thanks for the reply Toni. I think I remember your name coming up in the forums as one of the ones that got to keep your discount, though if I remember right yours was the earlier $10 discount instead of the $15 right? I should've checked into that before buying the Veer but to be honest I really wanted to stay with WebOS. Anyone know off the top of their heads how much Bell would charge me if I broke my contract with them and went back to my corporate plan? I'm possibly thinking of jumping ship to Koodo also which does seem to support HSPA phones. They've got a talk/data/text promo on for $45 where you get 250mb of data, 150 mins of talk, unlimited incoming calls, voice messaging, call display, call waiting and unlimited text. Any thoughts on that combo?
Old 11/06/2012, 05:30 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjensen71 View Post
Thanks Sledge007, I was afraid of that. I really just use my data connexion for email and websurfing as I'm often either at home or work and use my wifi in both places. I'm just worried 100mb's won't be enough. How do you like the Veer?
It was ok, but the screen really was too small for my liking. I also had several times where I'd make a phone call and the person at the other end wouldn't be able to understand what I was saying, ie sounded like electronic garble.

I moved on to the Pre3 a couple of months later, kept that for about 6 months and have moved on to the Galaxy S III. In all honesty, had there not been a huge media event such as Apple vs. Samsung....I might not even have taken notice...but that certainly perked my interest, and I'm pretty happy with my decision overall. I really don't have any complaints with it.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0