webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > veer stuck on HP logo screen
veer stuck on HP logo screen

Old 11/01/2012, 03:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

A couple of days ago I began to get a notification every few minutes on my HP Veer (AT&T): "Quit and reset", then it would go away. I responded with a Power/triple-toggle each time, but the third time the screen froze on the HP logo. I've attempted multiple additional triple toggles and Opt/Sym/Rs to no avail. The screen will go blank, but once the HP logo appears it never completes the restart. I have also attempted the Power/3xVolumeUp.

I've tried to webOS Doctor, but I can't seem to get the Veer to respond. I have also tried Power/triple-toggling until a blank screen, then holding the VolumeUp while connecting the USB--still reverts to the HP logo.

Any suggestions?
swpeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2012, 03:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Sounds like the boot loader (bootie) is getting stuck on something, perhaps the firmware in one of the components has gotten messed up and isn't responding, but i truly hope this isn't some kind of a physical hardware defect.

The Veer is a lot more fragile in terms of firmware programming, so it could be either way, and i think most likely the guys here will ask you to download and install Novacom ( http://downloads.help.palm.com/opens...com-win-32.tgz ) so you could load up the terminal and connect the phone when they try to diagnose the problem.

You might need WinRar or 7zip to open the archive... well, i assume you are on Windows, otherwise i'll find the other Novacom versions...
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: SWPeddler
Old 11/01/2012, 07:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

You should not have used hardware reset. There's a restart button in the Device Info app. Chances are some of your files are really corrupt by this time.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: SWPeddler
Old 11/01/2012, 03:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
You should not have used hardware reset. There's a restart button in the Device Info app. Chances are some of your files are really corrupt by this time.
Thank you...good info! I've been using the various restart methods interchangeably since my first Sprint Pre. This is the first time anyone has pointed out the perils of a hardware reset.

So what do you recommend at this point? I am not proficient in Unix and haven't dabbled at the OS level for a couple of decades and have never put any of my seven webOS devices in developer mode (just to give you an idea of where I'm at). Can I rescue this thing or is it a lost cause?
swpeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2012, 04:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWPeddler View Post
Thank you...good info! I've been using the various restart methods interchangeably since my first Sprint Pre. This is the first time anyone has pointed out the perils of a hardware reset.

So what do you recommend at this point? I am not proficient in Unix and haven't dabbled at the OS level for a couple of decades and have never put any of my seven webOS devices in developer mode (just to give you an idea of where I'm at). Can I rescue this thing or is it a lost cause?
Check my resource list. You're specifically looking for "Check system files integrity with integcheck". Right underneath that link is a memboot guide. Replace references to TouchPad with Veer, and the hardware codename is "broadway". Also on the resource list is a link to Novacom, in case you don't have a copy installed.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Remy X

Tags
stuck boot logo, veer

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0