Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
Like Tree22Likes
  1.    #1  
    Over the last 3-4 weeks I have been getting a lot of complimentary comments on the Veer when out in public with it. Many more people have been commenting on its size recently. Seems like there is more interest in a smaller factor smart phone than manufacturers account for.

    I've been getting a lot of people asking me what it is, is that a phone? And several people have said they wish there was an option for something smaller when they selected their latest phones. Most of the people making comments seem to have large, bulky Android phones.

    Just wanted to share my observation. I've had the Veer for a year and 2 months and I can't recall taking about it with others or showing it to as many people as I have in the last couple of weeks.
  2. #2  
    Maybe the saturation of large slab phones has increased the desire for something different? Maybe the increase in the use of tablets has given people an even bigger screen to do things like watching movies, browse the internet...maybe creating a little larger niche to fill with a small phone that can do those things, but that can also just be a nice phone that fits easily in the pocket?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  3. #3  
    Steer them to Walmart.com for BNIB unlocked Veer for $119.96 (the price wobbles between that and $109.96) that's what I do when people ask me where they can get such a cute little phone...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Maybe the saturation of large slab phones has increased the desire for something different? Maybe the increase in the use of tablets has given people an even bigger screen to do things like watching movies, browse the internet...maybe creating a little larger niche to fill with a small phone that can do those things, but that can also just be a nice phone that fits easily in the pocket?
    I think this is pretty solid reasoning right here.

    If I didn't love my Pre3 so much I would surely be fine swapping between Veer and Pre2.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    fxspec06 likes this.
  5. #5  
    It's just that the people who screamed that the Veer sucked were techies, which aren't the Veer's target market.

    And average people, they just didn't know about the Veer. which is a failing of marketing
    HP Think Beyond Event - http://youtu.be/VnjwG7Z8AM8
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4
    > Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X
    My Palm OS Archive
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    And average people, they just didn't know about the Veer. which is a failing of marketing
    ATT didn't help that much, and personally did the same thing to the Lumia 900 at least in my area. Couldn't touch a working Veer until i got mine shipped to my door, have gone multiple places a few weeks after Lumia 9 launched and couldn't get my hands on a live demo unit.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    It's just that the people who screamed that the Veer sucked were techies, which aren't the Veer's target market.

    And average people, they just didn't know about the Veer. which is a failing of marketing
    Excuse me there, but I do have to agree with technies about the Palm Veer...not the high-quality phone that HP(hate that company) should had built when coming out with WebOS phones. I think that the Veer phone is probably with one the biggest mistakes of HP(Hate HP) and if they could had kept the same designs of the Palm Pixi(with bigger improvements of course, such as 3.1 display screen, higher resolution among others). Maybe things could have been different on WebOSLand (who knows).....

    Major drawback of Palm Veer:

    1. Magnetic Connector.
    2. No headphone Jack (come on HP its 2012).
    3. 5MP camera but you forgot to include like 720p video recording and Flash.
    4. Same small screen size 2.6 with low resolution. Making users squint their eyes to be able to browse phone's menu and web, not acceptable.
    5. One carrier only AT&T (major stinky/sucky phone company in the world).

    While the design was cute(big plus!) a tiny version of an Palm Pre, however HP made some big compromises when making the phone so small. Then add to the fact, that HP should had release both phones the Palm Pre 3 and Veer(both in White/Black) around the same time when they hit retail store shelves.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
  8. #8  
    I wholeheartedly agree that the veer was not a phone released to impress techies - its a stylish phone, offering something different to the market and yes, even a year after "release" it still turns heads. I also get the "is that a phone?" question at least once a week, and I love the veer as my daily driver.

    That said, I'm one of those unusual phone users who use it to actually talk to people. The small screen means better battery life, and I really don't find any issues with the screen for email, messaging and facebook or twitter on the odd occasion. If i need to do anything more heavy duty I just pull the touchpad 4g out of my bag anyway.

    I do find the magnetic connector and headphone adapter annoying, but Im happy to live with it for the tiny form factor.

    I love the HP Veer, and also feel that it was another victim of poor marketing, and I hope the people who are having a go at it have actually owned and used it for a time and not just rehashing arguments from reviews around launch time.
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    fxspec06 and RumoredNow like this.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    ... If i need to do anything more heavy duty I just pull the touchpad 4g out of my bag anyway...
    Hey! I think that was my point! Thank you...I wasn't sure if I was just rambling incoherently or not. Well, even a clock that has stopped is right TWICE a day!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  10. #10  
    Hey! I think that was my point! Thank you...I wasn't sure if I was just rambling incoherently or not. Well, even a clock that has stopped is right TWICE a day!
    yep, you nailed me in one love my tiny phone for, well phone type things and use my tablet for everything else. I also still like to use an actual camera to take photos..the cam on the phone is used to take impromptu shots where I find quality isn't an issue.

    But hey, I know many people will disagree with us...
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
  11. #11  
    I know I'm not alone when I say that the magnetic adapter is one of coolest things about the Veer, When I eventually have to go back to a regular "plug in" its going to be a real step down.
  12. #12  
    Yeah, but people say the same thing about my Galaxy Note 2.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by astark View Post
    Yeah, but people say the same thing about my Galaxy Note 2.
    That's cuz they can't see your face when you hold it up to use it as a phone...

    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    fxspec06 likes this.
  14. #14  
    A lot of people ask me where I got it and where can they buy one. When I tell them Ebay they just frown and walk away. They want to be able to walk into a store and buy one. Can't get them at Walmart in Canada.
    But I love everything about this phone except surfing the net. I'll do it in a pinch but I have a Touchpad and 3 computers for that.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    A lot of people ask me where I got it and where can they buy one. When I tell them Ebay they just frown and walk away. They want to be able to walk into a store and buy one. Can't get them at Walmart in Canada.
    But I love everything about this phone except surfing the net. I'll do it in a pinch but I have a Touchpad and 3 computers for that.
    See! See! we have a trend going! Veer paired with a device like a tablet...fills all the needs!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  16. #16  
    Totally. I'm happy to be the poster child for this campaign! Although I'm not a child..or overly happy..but other than that I'd be perfect! :-)
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
  17. #17  
    I've had my Veer for a little over a week and I'm loving it. I chose it for two reasons: size and freeTether! I use it as a phone and wifi hotspot for my iPad. I can surf on it if needed but don't if not needed. I do download some podcasts on it and really like the magnetic headphone connection. I don't worry about losing it because I keep it attached to the headphones. I've been getting a lot of questions about it at work mostly because of the size. I think there are more people out there tired of packing around huge phones.
    Rockbeast likes this.
  18. #18  
    I'm a techie and I love my Veer. I even switched back from a Pre3 to my Veer. :-P
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    Excuse me there, but I do have to agree with technies about the Palm Veer...not the high-quality phone that HP(hate that company) should had built when coming out with WebOS phones. I think that the Veer phone is probably with one the biggest mistakes of HP(Hate HP) and if they could had kept the same designs of the Palm Pixi(with bigger improvements of course, such as 3.1 display screen, higher resolution among others). Maybe things could have been different on WebOSLand (who knows).....

    Major drawback of Palm Veer:

    1. Magnetic Connector.
    2. No headphone Jack (come on HP its 2012).
    3. 5MP camera but you forgot to include like 720p video recording and Flash.
    4. Same small screen size 2.6 with low resolution. Making users squint their eyes to be able to browse phone's menu and web, not acceptable.
    5. One carrier only AT&T (major stinky/sucky phone company in the world).

    While the design was cute(big plus!) a tiny version of an Palm Pre, however HP made some big compromises when making the phone so small. Then add to the fact, that HP should had release both phones the Palm Pre 3 and Veer(both in White/Black) around the same time when they hit retail store shelves.
    So basically what you're saying is:
    1. add a USB port
    2. add a headphone jack
    3. add a bigger camera
    4. add a bigger screen
    5. get VERIZON to sign off on it

    sounds like we've got the palm pre 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    So basically what you're saying is:
    1. add a USB port
    2. add a headphone jack
    3. add a bigger camera
    4. add a bigger screen
    5. get VERIZON to sign off on it

    sounds like we've got the palm pre 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    More like a Pre3 Resolution on Pre2 is quite poor
    steven_farkas likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions