1.    #1  
    I'd love to have Skype, but are the problems with 2.2.3/2.2.4 on the Veer minor enough that it's otherwise worth it? The stock Veer can have some annoying lag occasionally, and I'm wondering if gaining more options for performance patches/kernels, etc., makes the change worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    I'd love to have Skype, but are the problems with 2.2.3/2.2.4 on the Veer minor enough that it's otherwise worth it? The stock Veer can have some annoying lag occasionally, and I'm wondering if gaining more options for performance patches/kernels, etc., makes the change worth it.
    webOS 2.2.x was worth it for me (I am using a PrePlus, with a Mashed kernel from Pre2 and PrePlus sources), the big issue for the Veer is the loss of stereo on the head phones jack (BlueTooth still works), some of my MP3's also do not seem to be effected, but my Supered Veer script, makes the Veer work even better.. But YMMV...
    Do the heaphones still work in mono?
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    Do the heaphones still work in mono?
    For the Veer the headphones still work in mono, but some of my MP3's still produce stereo for me (YMMV), BlueTooth headphones do not seem effected so they work in stereo. (PrePlus, Pre2, and Pre3 are also not effected with webOS 2.2.x)...
    Never recognized the headphone thing, actually I almost never use it as mp3-player.

To be limited to standard kernel without an overclocking option seems to be the only fault. At 800Mhz it is much more smoother and reliable than a 2.1.x Veer at 800Mhz.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by nichtwirklich View Post
    Never recognized the headphone thing, actually I almost never use it as mp3-player.

To be limited to standard kernel without an overclocking option seems to be the only fault. At 800Mhz it is much more smoother and reliable than a 2.1.x Veer at 800Mhz.
    Uberkernel lets me bring it up to 1.4, but no higher (though the menu options are there.)
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Haven't searched, but is webos 2.2.x official by HP, where is the image
    Quote Originally Posted by tabletrus View Post
    Haven't searched, but is webos 2.2.x official by HP, where is the image
    If I remember correctly:

There was a leaked 2.2.3 for Veer that was strictly an in-house HP software engineer version before the OS was sidelined. There is no official Doctor for it and it was only available through HP internal server access... I think it got out through a few former employees selling upgraded Veers...

There is zero practical application for its use by a regular consumer as there is NO Doctor available should you need one.

WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer

The Meta-Doctor thread Somline linked is the only way.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Does 2.2.4 actually work for the Pre 2? The update just keeps failing for me on my Pre2 with the message -
    "The update failed to properly validate. This problem may usually be fixed if you wait a little while, then try again. We will try again for you in about a day."
    I've tried for over a week now - it downloads, unpacks, then comes up with that message.

I've still got 14.3GB memory free. current OS is v 2.1.0

[EDIT] I'm in the UK.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Seen that error when I went from webOS 3.0.4 to 3.0.5 on my Touchpad one of the partitions is full, for me it was BOOT, which had too many kernel uImages. Use Novaterm and df -a and see if any partition is low?
    Cheers John. I'll have a look at that.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -