Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I obtained a Veer today. Upon booting, I entered my SIM card PIN, and it told me to enter an unlock code. Apparently the phone is locted to AT&T.

So I went to DigitalUnlock and purchased an unlock code. I followed all the instructions and the application produced ma an 8-digit unlock code.

But the problem is... my phone now stopped asking me for an unlock code! It just asks for SIM card PIN, then asks to create a Palm Profile. The phone says just "SOS only" and doesn't connect to the network, but it doesn't ask for an unlock code either.

So my question is, how do I get to the unlock code screen?
    Try powering down... Pull the SIM out.

Boot back up and insert SIM. (Starting the whole first use process again.)

What carrier are you trying to use?

If Digital Unlock code fails (they do sometimes) get a refund and try Dogbert's Method (linked in my signature).

Good Luck
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I remember DigitalUnlock using a program to do the unlocking (while phone's in recovery mode) instead of doing it manually?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Just go through with creating the Pal Profile, and if you can't connect come here again.
    You can also try using another SIM from a 3rd carrier.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Well, I did all that. I powered it down, inserted another SIM card, still no go. Palm Profile creating fails because it can't connect. Phone apps says only "SIM lock, SOS only" even though a proper PIN was entered. Sent an email yesterday to DigitalUnlock, no answer so far. Their instructions tell me explicitly to enter the 8-digit code manually, but there is no place to do it - apparently the phone is stuck in half-unlocked, half-locked status...

I would try Dogbert's method, but it says "Carefully enter the network unlock code obtained in step 8." So it is the same problem here - the phone never asks for an unlock code now, if the method involves entering it then it will be the same situation as now.

Maybe doctoring the phone would put it back to a normal status? But where do I download a WebOS Doctor for it? Normally I used to do it from my Palm Profile, but the device does not show in Palm Profile yet because it cannot connect to the net?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michau View Post
    Well, I did all that. I powered it down, inserted another SIM card, still no go. Palm Profile creating fails because it can't connect. Phone apps says only "SIM lock, SOS only" even though a proper PIN was entered. Sent an email yesterday to DigitalUnlock, no answer so far. Their instructions tell me explicitly to enter the 8-digit code manually, but there is no place to do it - apparently the phone is stuck in half-unlocked, half-locked status...

I would try Dogbert's method, but it says "Carefully enter the network unlock code obtained in step 8." So it is the same problem here - the phone never asks for an unlock code now, if the method involves entering it then it will be the same situation as now.

Maybe doctoring the phone would put it back to a normal status? But where do I download a WebOS Doctor for it? Normally I used to do it from my Palm Profile, but the device does not show in Palm Profile yet because it cannot connect to the net?
    Have you looked at step 10?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I went through the whole Dogbert's method. The unlock code it produced was the same as obtained from DigitalUnlock (no surprise here). The step 10 you are referring to obviously did not work - the phone does not ask for the unlock code. But then I tried the --writeBack option as advised on Dogbert's blog, and it worked! The phone logged in to my home network and an "E" icon was shown. I entered my internet APN settings and the phone synchronized with m Palm Profile.

Thank you very much for your help!