1.    #1  
    Hi,

Does anyone have experience with using the Veer with a bluetooth hands-free car kit? I just bought a Jabra Journey and it paired with the Veer OK. When a call comes into the Veer, the Jabra rings but when I try to answer, the bluetooth connection seems to break.

The same Jabra works great with another feature phone.I have WebOS 2.1.2.

Have you gotten the Veer working with a speakerphone? Is there any trick involved? What brand and model do you have?

Thanks,
    Bob
    I have had 7 different webOS devices hooked up via BT to a clarion deck with no problem...

When you make or answer a call in the phone app, check to see if the icon shows it being in BT mode, if it still shows a phone, tap the phone icon and see if it gives you the BT option. (should at minimum give phone and speakerphone... when it is connected to a recognized BT device you should also see BT option.

Also go into your bluetooth settings and verify what the device is paired as, it shouldn't let you pair it as anything it is not, but if for some reason it did, that could be throwing an issue using a BT stack that is not supported by the BT device.

To verify when your connected to BT device the BT logo on the Veer in a white circle correct? If it is gray something isn't pairing properly, if it's the BT logo with no circle, it's not paired at all.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I have had 7 different webOS devices hooked up via BT to a clarion deck with no problem...

When you make or answer a call in the phone app, check to see if the icon shows it being in BT mode, if it still shows a phone, tap the phone icon and see if it gives you the BT option. (should at minimum give phone and speakerphone... when it is connected to a recognized BT device you should also see BT option.

Also go into your bluetooth settings and verify what the device is paired as, it shouldn't let you pair it as anything it is not, but if for some reason it did, that could be throwing an issue using a BT stack that is not supported by the BT device.

To verify when your connected to BT device the BT logo on the Veer in a white circle correct? If it is gray something isn't pairing properly, if it's the BT logo with no circle, it's not paired at all.
    7 WebOS devices? Were any of them a Veer?

The Jabra is paired as an audio device. In the Bluetooth app, it shows "Jabra JOURNEY" with a music icon and a phone icon. I presume that means it can play music or handle calls.

I have a Bluetooth icon in a circle at the top right of the Veer screen. Is it white or is it gray? It's so hard to tell without something to contrast it with. But the Jabra and Veer both say they're connected. Who am I to say otherwise?

When the call comes in, a phone icon appears for me to touch to answer the phone. Are you saying that should be a Bluetooth icon instead?

The Jabra makes some weird announcements. The call comes in, the Jabra rings, then it says "Power on" and "Connected". It doesn't do that when handling a call on the other phone. It's almost as if the Veer is causing the Jabra to crash and reboot.
  4.    #4  
    Well, I've learned something new. If I do not allow the Veer to share contact info with the Journey, the Journey works. It appears that contact info crashes the Journey.

I've contacted Jabra's support dept. But meanwhile, has anyone here gotten contact info to work on a Bluetooth device? If so, which device? I might just want to switch.

Thanks,
    Bob
    Yup two of them were Veers.

I have shared phone book turned on with every device I that has the option with no problem. The only ones applicable to your situation are the Toothpik or the Audiovox adapter (if you have an aux input on your stereo)... neither of these devices use the phone book though (I don't think phone book has to be turned on for voice dial).

The house phone (Panasonic) pairs with both the wife and my phone t the same time and uses phone book access no problem.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...