Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By RumoredNow
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  1.    #1  
    When is the HP Veer update going to come, and what are the new features in it?
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laaaag View Post
    Never - well not from HP at least, if you are lucky the community might hack something together for you using open webOS but I don't know if it is a priority with anyone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    the 2.2.3 source code will not be released .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I saw white veers (gsm) on newegg for just shy of 100 bucks.

Between horrors I've read I decided to buy a pixi.

Don't feel bad, it doesn't even get 1.4.5.1

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Last edited by Shadowflank; 09/05/2012 at 08:58 AM.
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
    @OP You won't get an official OTA update but if you read this thread....you can update it yourself.
    webOS 2.2.4 Doctor for Veer for AT&T or WR

@Shadowflank
    You might want to read this thread:webOS 2.1.0 Doctor for PixiPlus on Verizon, AT&T, and WR (ROW)/Pixi on Sprint!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    @OP You won't get an official OTA update but if you read this thread....you can update it yourself.
    webOS 2.2.4 Doctor for Veer for AT&T or WR

@Shadowflank
    You might want to read this thread:webOS 2.1.0 Doctor for PixiPlus on Verizon, AT&T, and WR (ROW)/Pixi on Sprint!
    Already did. If you look at the last pages you'll see why I don't feel I should update. As far as I've read 1.x is far more stable than 2.x on the pixi. It's also my main computer and only device at the moment.

Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
    Nobody is forcing you to update, but you are saying " it doesn't even get 1.4.5.1" which isn't entirely true.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflank View Post
    Don't feel bad, it doesn't even get 1.4.5.1

IIRC 1.4.5.1 was a VZW update only (been over a year since I have used a 1.x device).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Already did. If you look at the last pages you'll see why I don't feel I should update. As far as I've read 1.x is far more stable than 2.x on the pixi. It's also my main computer and only device at the moment.

Gosh, 2.1 runs slow enough on a Pre (not plus), I can't imagine running it on a Pixi! It needs the extra RAM the plus and 2 have.
    Quote Originally Posted by laaaag View Post
    I saw white veers (gsm) on newegg for just shy of 100 bucks.

Between horrors I've read I decided to buy a pixi.
    I've been using a North American Veer on 2.1.2 for some time. I like it. No horrors at all...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I agree the 2.1.2 Veer is a slick device
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Vistaus likes this.
    Only problem I have had with my Veer is the camera sometimes causing the phone to reboot. Other than that I love my Veer.