Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

    I have an HP Veer that I like so much, I even sold my Windows Phone since this device and WebOS is just too amazing to use. Only problem is the Caller ID.

    Everyone that calls me is an Unknown Number and it is way too frustrating sometimes especially in a business scenario.

    The only way I can see the Numbers/ID is when someone from the same carrier is calling or a Home wired phone.

    I installed Preware trying to find something that might fix it, without any success.

    Is there anyone who experienced this problem and might give me a hand with this, it would be super amazing!

    Here are some point information:
    No Caller ID/Number
    Works on same carrier
    Works with home wired phonelines
    WebOS 2.1.2
    AT&T Version Unlocked
    Running on Fido in Canada
    Preware & Tweaks installed
    Manually entered APNs

    Thanks again guys (and girls of course!)

    Jay
  2. #2  
    Hey Jay, I have the same problem. I stopped using my phone for this reason cause for business it's just not good enough with no caller ID,

    I too am on Fido with At&t unlocked phone. I'm wondering if it's FIDO that is doing something maybe.?

    either way, Here is my thread, not that i'm any further from where you are at with this.

    devs i need help to come back to webos
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    Hey Jay, I have the same problem. I stopped using my phone for this reason cause for business it's just not good enough with no caller ID,

    I too am on Fido with At&t unlocked phone. I'm wondering if it's FIDO that is doing something maybe.?

    either way, Here is my thread, not that i'm any further from where you are at with this.

    devs i need help to come back to webos
    Damn... I haven't tried any doctor yet, but I guess that it isn't a solution...
  4. #4  
    Going to try a different sim card on fido to see if its a sim issue.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoFou View Post
    Hi guys,

    I have an HP Veer that I like so much, I even sold my Windows Phone since this device and WebOS is just too amazing to use. Only problem is the Caller ID.

    Everyone that calls me is an Unknown Number and it is way too frustrating sometimes especially in a business scenario.

    The only way I can see the Numbers/ID is when someone from the same carrier is calling or a Home wired phone.

    I installed Preware trying to find something that might fix it, without any success.

    Is there anyone who experienced this problem and might give me a hand with this, it would be super amazing!

    Here are some point information:
    No Caller ID/Number
    Works on same carrier
    Works with home wired phonelines
    WebOS 2.1.2
    AT&T Version Unlocked
    Running on Fido in Canada
    Preware & Tweaks installed
    Manually entered APNs

    Thanks again guys (and girls of course!)

    Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    Going to try a different sim card on fido to see if its a sim issue.
    Not a on a GSM (on Verizon), but caller ID is part of a carrier feature, I have the ability thru Verizon to turn it off/on setup Privacy (block my name or allow my name, block others from calling me up to 20 I think)...

    Anyway I would contact FIDO and ask them concerning this feature and it's limits on their network (again I am Verizon and can not compare GSM).
  6. #6  
    I put my sim in pre2 and works fine. Same with android. So it must be with this phone.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    I put my sim in pre2 and works fine. Same with android. So it must be with this phone.
    There are meta doctor scripts to create a webOS 2.1.1 on AT&T Veer, and there is scripts to create a webOS 2.2.4 doctor for AT&T Veer.

    Maybe webOS 2.1.2 locks CallerID to AT&T only? (I doubt it, but worth a shot to try)

    What webOS version is on the Pre2?

    PS My veer is not activated (only WiFi), so I can not test.
  8. #8  
    Hmmm... I've got a Veer running 2,1,2 on Straight Talk, but that's an mvno of ATT... Caller ID working here.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee

Posting Permissions