Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Folks, I'm cross posting this from a Pre2 thread I started.

We have been experiencing very large uploads of data, usually around the same time of day, but not always. It is enough to consume 65% of a 3 gig data limit about two weeks into each month. This started on a pre2.

We have since moved the same sim card to a used Veer and then to a brand new Veer with similar data upload results. We cannot figure out what is doing the uploads and in some cases, the phone is simply sitting idle. I can check the upload times and amounts on the ATT site and we can verfiy that the phone was not being used.

Has anyone seen the standard daily backup do this?

A new SIM card is on the way from ATT, so I am hoping this fixes the problem.

Any ideas or brainstorming would be helpful.
    You could try disabling Backup for a couple weeks, see what happens.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    I don't think those data reports are accurate, it appears to me it aggregates a large amount of the data usage and places it all at one time. Pretty much every day of the week a lil after 9pm I show a large data usage chunk. Most of my data use would be middle of the night for backup (I didn't show one data use last month and my phone almost always backs up in the AM hours). I download a podcast pretty much every week day morning, yet my early morning weekday usage isn't even into the megs.

To solidify my belief, most week days the last 2 months I am in bed with phone on TS by 9pm local time. I can also verify this by looking when I run multiple data usage requests it has always appeared it updates in chunks over night. No matter how much data I use multiple requests in the same day show the same amount.

You might want to try getting netstat so you can track your data usage live on the phone. I will say I don't believe netstat is very accurate (in my use on the Pre3), but it may help you track something down. Other than that look at background apps and their setting.

This can be weather apps, twitter, facebook, e-mail, and calendars (don't forget about exchange accounts). Plus many more possible apps.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by rblakeney View Post
    Folks, I'm cross posting this from a Pre2 thread I started.

We have been experiencing very large uploads of data, usually around the same time of day, but not always. It is enough to consume 65% of a 3 gig data limit about two weeks into each month. This started on a pre2.

We have since moved the same sim card to a used Veer and then to a brand new Veer with similar data upload results. We cannot figure out what is doing the uploads and in some cases, the phone is simply sitting idle. I can check the upload times and amounts on the ATT site and we can verfiy that the phone was not being used.

Has anyone seen the standard daily backup do this?

A new SIM card is on the way from ATT, so I am hoping this fixes the problem.

Any ideas or brainstorming would be helpful.
    Five words.

Big Brother is Watching You.
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!