Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Hi. It is Sunday 8/19 at 3:30PM PDT. I just got the gift wrap package offering to update my Veer to 2.1.2. Who ever expected to see a gift wrapped package from HP? My phone is unlocked and running on the T-Mobile network. I have A Lot of patches and other homebrew apps running on my Veer. I am also running it overclocked through Govnah.

So, the question is do I upgrade and if yes what to I have to do to make it as simple as possible to bring patches, configurations, etc. over. A while ago I had read that overclocking is not supported in 2.1.2 because there was no officially released kernel. Any thoughts on this appreciated. And, if the recommendation is to not update for some time, how do I keep the phone from updating (it says will update on next charge).

thx, -jon
    Normally this (if you already have webOS 2.1.2) means some checksum failed on HP/Palm server, concerning the software checksum on your device, removal of Google Maps, with a rebooter app they released before bringing Bing Maps down...

What this will do is bring back your root applications (not app catalog apps) to stock doctor versions, which can cause a conflict between GoogleMaps and BingMaps...
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Normally this (if you already have webOS 2.1.2) means some checksum failed on HP/Palm server, concerning the software checksum on your device, removal of Google Maps, with a rebooter app they released before bringing Bing Maps down...

What this will do is bring back your root applications (not app catalog apps) to stock doctor versions, which can cause a conflict between GoogleMaps and BingMaps...
    Thanks. Do I need to do something to fix this or just wait for HP servers to correct themselves?
    Same happened to me on my veer couple months ago.....there is a patch in preware which "blocks"the google / bing maps conflict that will happen with this update. I got lucky as this patch came out the day of my update notice and it did the job.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rickeroo View Post
    Same happened to me on my veer couple months ago.....there is a patch in preware which "blocks"the google / bing maps conflict that will happen with this update. I got lucky as this patch came out the day of my update notice and it did the job.
    I am searching Preware on my Veer and can't find the patch. Searched Bing, Google, Conflict. Do you happen to know the name of the patch to download/install? thx.
    It is called "maps rebooting patch"....not sure but you may need to enable "ignore device compatability" in preware preferences. I seem to remember it as a pre2 patch. Just checked on my veer.....
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I downloaded it but get an IPKG error. Maybe because I have the homebrew Google Maps app running instead of HP's Maps app?
    Quote Originally Posted by SB Jon View Post
    I downloaded it but get an IPKG error. Maybe because I have the homebrew Google Maps app running instead of HP's Maps app?
    Whenever I get IPKG error usually have a conflict with another patch..this patch worked for me.
    If the update installs, still try the patch, worse case I would think you would have to doctor.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I found a thread with setting to turn off the update function. I used that to make the problem go away so problem solved. Thanks for your help.