1.    #1  
    We just got an alert on my wife's one year old AT&T Veer saying we were going to be charged for additional data since she exceeded here 2GB data plan by more than 1GB! Every month over the past year she has averaged less than 1/2GB, and she hasn't added any apps, changed any settings, or changed her usage patterns/frequency.

So I was wondering if there might be something running in the background that is pinging AT&T's towers continuously for data and if there might be an app that I could install on her phone that lets me see what is running and how much data it is clocking real time.

Any help?
    I think there is one called Netstat(?) in Preware
    but I don't know if it works with individual apps...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    I think there is one called Netstat(?) in Preware
    but I don't know if it works with individual apps...
    Thanks xandros9!

I've downloaded Netstats, which will allow us to track her total usage, but I still need an app that will tell me which programs or processes are running in order to see if I can find a culprit.

Anyone else have any ideas about this?

Thanks in advance!!
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    ...., but I still need an app that will tell me which programs or processes are running in order to see if I can find a culprit.
    AfaikAfaikAfaik $such$ $app$ $doesn$'$t$ $exist$.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    AfaikAfaikAfaik $such$ $app$ $doesn$'$t$ $exist$.
    actually, there is one called jstop

it was useful for helping to keep my Pre in decent performance shape (auto garbage clean) and killing an Exhibition app (it had audio) when it refuses to stop playing music after leaving exhibition.
    Last edited by xandros9; 08/06/2012 at 10:12 PM.
    Try disabling the HP Backup App.... I've heard of instances where it just keeps sending...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    actually, there is one called jstop

it was useful for helping to keep my Pre in decent performance shape (auto garbage clean) and killing an Exhibition app (it had audio) when it refuses to stop playing music after leaving exhibition.
    jstop does only show apps (good thing: also hidden ones, like e-mail and so) and can't tell you anything about background services, like the sync services for the google (contacts, calendar, messaging,...), facebook (contacts, calendar, photo upload) and stuff... There is MUCH more going on in the background, than jstop shows you.

One possibility might be to look with impostah into the activities, and compare it to another phone (if possible) if there is something strange there...
    Or get a command line (for example with xterm) and do a top or ps aux. That would show the most active programs (top) or list all running programs (ps aux). Most probably it is hard to interpret that data, though...