Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rockbeast
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow
  1.    #1  
    Hello,
    my just bought Veer from USA has fallen in water.
    I powered it off. I opened it and removed the battery. I cleaned it. I left it drying up for several days.
    Then it worked.
    Unfortunately yesterday I disabled wifi. Now I cannot enable anymore wifi nor bluetooth.
    I have done an hard reset without luck.
    Where is the fault? Is it possible that water destroyed wifi? Or I touched something when I opened it?
    Or is a bug of some preware software? (I have installed custom kernel and some patches)

Can you help me?

Mario
    I wonder if there might be any moisture still in there? Maybe it has coalesced and made a bigger 'droplet' that has interfered with contacts inside?

Maybe try to open up as best as you can, put under a warm light bulb (a black market 40 watt incandescent will do )...oh, I should mention that the aforementioned light bulb should be on...so you will likely need it to be inserted properly in a lamp!

You want there to be a nice warmth on the phone...not so much that it might damage the phone, but quite warm to the touch). I have one of those lamps with a flexible goose-neck that I can bend down close to the phone. If you put the phone in a ziploc bag, put something in there that is a desiccant like silica gel packs. Some say rice works too. Some say rice works not at all. I say rice might work, but is better under Masaman curry chicken. [don't anyone start a rice war again , I'm just offering possible help]

The point is, try to do something that will drive off moisture and let it go for several days.

Now if there is already damage, I don't know what to tell you as I am not that knowledgeable (I just like to eat rice, remember?). But at least you might minimize further damage by getting all moisture out of there.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

RumoredNow likes this.
  3. g7
    If you think it's software problem, just use the latest webOS doctor for your device to restore to factory condition.

WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

It it still doesn't work, then something is damaged.

Eugenio
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I wonder if there might be any moisture still in there? Maybe it has coalesced and made a bigger 'droplet' that has interfered with contacts inside?

Maybe try to open up as best as you can, put under a warm light bulb (a black market 40 watt incandescent will do )...oh, I should mention that the aforementioned light bulb should be on...so you will likely need it to be inserted properly in a lamp!

You want there to be a nice warmth on the phone...not so much that it might damage the phone, but quite warm to the touch). I have one of those lamps with a flexible goose-neck that I can bend down close to the phone. If you put the phone in a ziploc bag, put something in there that is a desiccant like silica gel packs. Some say rice works too. Some say rice works not at all. I say rice might work, but is better under Masaman curry chicken. [don't anyone start a rice war again , I'm just offering possible help]

The point is, try to do something that will drive off moisture and let it go for several days.

Now if there is already damage, I don't know what to tell you as I am not that knowledgeable (I just like to eat rice, remember?). But at least you might minimize further damage by getting all moisture out of there.
    Last night I diced up my chicken breast and course cut some white onion... Got that going in a hot wok w/ a splash of sesame oil... Paprika, a pinch of ginger and lots of green curry powder. Once the chicken cooked I added a bag of frozen peas and carrots, more paprika, more curry, a splash of lemon juice and a splash of rice wine vinegar. Stir well. Then I added the cooked white rice and another dusting of curry...

Yummmmm.

Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    boovish likes this.
    There's dmesg, /var/logs/messages, and running PmWiFiService as a user program. I'll write something up if you're interested (warning: SSH, sh, grep, killall, and other command prompt contents ahead!).
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    There's dmesg, /var/logs/messages, and running PmWiFiService as a user program. I'll write something up if you're interested (warning: SSH, sh, grep, killall, and other command prompt contents ahead!).
    I think I have found the problem:

[ 8219.139621] board_sdio_wifi_enable
    [ 8219.426145] mmc1: host doesn't support card's voltages
    [ 8219.429283] mmc1: error -22 whilst initialising SDIO card

What can I do?
  7.    #7  
    Ok,
    I have opened it, unconnected all cables, reconnected them and cleaned it. Now all spurious problems (e.g. touchscreen not working) are fixed but wifi and bluetooth still not work.

Can you say me if there is some cable to unconnect also for wifi/bluetooth? Can you say me what does it mean the error above? Can you say me how can I find if the wifi chip is on?

thanks,
    Mario
    Quote Originally Posted by mgiammarco View Post
    I think I have found the problem:

[ 8219.139621] board_sdio_wifi_enable
    [ 8219.426145] mmc1: host doesn't support card's voltages
    [ 8219.429283] mmc1: error -22 whilst initialising SDIO card

What can I do?
    The voltage error seems to come up frequently on mine (TouchPad, that is) and doesn't do anything, though I don't know about error -22.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    The voltage error seems to come up frequently on mine (TouchPad, that is) and doesn't do anything, though I don't know about error -22.
    So wifi and bluetooth are on an mmio card? Where is it?

Thanks again,
    Mario
    Quote Originally Posted by mgiammarco View Post
    So wifi and bluetooth are on an mmio card? Where is it?

Thanks again,
    Mario
    WiFi is on one for certain. MMIO is like a SD card (specifically, one of those fancy Eye-Fi cards), but is soldered as a chip to the main board. There's no easy way to replace it.