Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    So i just unlocked my Veer, and am in with the Dr. SkippedFirstUse profile.

    From what Ive read, I have to install impostah in order to get my actual palm profile on to this phone.
    I have the phone hooked up via USB to my laptop, WebOS Quick Install detects it, I try to install impostah, it says downloading, then installing, and it hangs on installing. Just says installing and doesnt move forward.
    I cant get my wifi working either on my veer, not sure if thats affecting this.

    Any tips on what im missing? Ive got it in Dev mode too.

    Thank you
  2.    #2  
    Allllrighty, nothing was transfering because you can only transfer if you select just charge when you connect via usb apparently.... good to know

    I was able to install impostah and login to my palm profile through that. But it still says dr skipped firstuse and none of my contacts have transferred over. I thought logging in to my palm profile would bring over all my contacts???
  3. #3  
    You can try this:

    HELP Getting Started on New Pre3

    It should work for you.

    Good Luck.
  4.    #4  
    Thats great!

    I did most of those steps a bunch of times, but that thread finally told me where to turn off data since im only using wifi. 3G would come on and i wouldnt be able to connect to wifi.

    Alrighty so im logged in now to my profile from my old veer, but contacts are still nada. When i goto contacts preferences, and try to add an account, it should say Palm Profile, but it just lists off google, facebook, etc..
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by kngkelly View Post
    Thats great!

    I did most of those steps a bunch of times, but that thread finally told me where to turn off data since im only using wifi. 3G would come on and i wouldnt be able to connect to wifi.

    Alrighty so im logged in now to my profile from my old veer, but contacts are still nada. When i goto contacts preferences, and try to add an account, it should say Palm Profile, but it just lists off google, facebook, etc..
    Not knowing what you did?

    Use impostah goto the accounts find palm profile and remove that account, then use impostah again to remove the palm profile if you reboot it will wipe data/apps but should retain USB data, then log into your profile, as WiFi should be configure or data from cell it has always worked for my YMMV.

    The other thing before reboot do a complete full erase (will erase all apps/data/USB data). including WiFI profile.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Not knowing what you did?

    Use impostah goto the accounts find palm profile and remove that account, then use impostah again to remove the palm profile if you reboot it will wipe data/apps but should retain USB data, then log into your profile, as WiFi should be configure or data from cell it has always worked for my YMMV.

    The other thing before reboot do a complete full erase (will erase all apps/data/USB data). including WiFI profile.
    Try turning backup off....then follow the steps previously posted for impotosh .....I had similar issue on my veer, there is a thread somewhere on the need to turn off backup prior to the profile reset....
  7.    #7  
    Things just got a whole lot worse.

    Palm profile still wasnt showing up in the contacts, and all the text conversations were locked, so i decided to doa full erase. Pressed it, it rebooted and was stuck ont he HP logo glowing for about 25 mins.

    I assumed it was frozen, so i held down power button and flicked the mute button 3 times, and its able to restart the phone, but every time it gets stuck ont he HP glowing logo.


    Not sure what to do now, cant even turn off the phone, or put it into usb mode for webos doctor :\
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kngkelly View Post
    Things just got a whole lot worse.

    Palm profile still wasnt showing up in the contacts, and all the text conversations were locked, so i decided to doa full erase. Pressed it, it rebooted and was stuck ont he HP logo glowing for about 25 mins.

    I assumed it was frozen, so i held down power button and flicked the mute button 3 times, and its able to restart the phone, but every time it gets stuck ont he HP glowing logo.


    Not sure what to do now, cant even turn off the phone, or put it into usb mode for webos doctor :\
    If you have the device in DevMode, you can novaterm into it.

    You can then use tellbootie to recover or reboot, or use f s c k (remove the spaces) to repair and partition that might have gotten corrupt.

    Interrupting a full erase is not a good idea.

    You should still be able to do the power/mute switch reboot and hold volume up, to re-doctor. (At least with my veer I have never seen that not work, although I am using webOS 2.2.4 which might have altered that behavior.)
  9.    #9  
    sweeeet, thanks a bunch, that volume up trick worked and i got the usb icon to come up.
    Was only able to restart and get stuck on the hp logo before.

    Downloading the doc right now, hopefully it works!

    PS do i have to unlock my veer all over again now?
  10.    #10  
    Booya im back!

    Got the doc to reset everything, went into dev mode, turned off data, connected to wifi, installed impostah, logged into palm profile through impostah, reset profile, rebooted, logged back into palm profile, got all my info back!

    piece of cake thanks all!

Posting Permissions