1.    #1  
    Problem #1: I need Windows or Linux freeware to boost the volume on mp3s (ie, load the file, normalize, & create a new, louder version). MPTrim worked great, except the output mp3 file was not recognized by the Veer (Koto player). ??? Any ideas why, & any suggestions for another program?
    Problem #2: I currently have too many "homemade" mp3s with the same name (ie R09_0001- I use a HIGHLY recommended Roland Eridol to record). What is the easiest way to name the tracks before copying to the Veer USB drive so that the new names will be recognized on the Veer? & can I rename the tracks that are already on the Veer?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  2.    #2  
    Of course I typed "Music & the Veer", but autocorrect was still on after a recent wipe of my phone (funny that the phone makers failed to include "Veer" in the dictionary...)

Quote Originally Posted by collaborative_learning View Post
    Of course I typed "Music & the Veer", but autocorrect was still on after a recent wipe of my phone (funny that the phone makers failed to include "Veer" in the dictionary...)

that the Veer don't get no respect
    this may have something to do with Jon Rubinstein being dissed by Leo the Fool
    for your problems
    just rename the file using any text editor or even Internalz file manager should you not wish to bother with hooking your device up to a 'puter
    I believe fixes may be out there for the Veer's volume, but I love good sound & don't like messing too much with the fine sound I get from the phones jack (Rubinstein did this right)
    I use a Digizoid mobile subwoofer with my phones & get more volume than I can stand, even with relative inefficient ear buds
    this tiny device coupled with a Veer is a grand way to listen to tunes

On a PC you can use Tag&Rename on Windows or Wine to rename MP3's properly including tagging them. In case of full albums it can pull the info of the tracks from online sources