Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PreJim
  1.    #1  
    we've tried holding the power button while flipping the ringer switch, didn't work. Any advice on getting the phone unstuck?

Thanks.
    Holding the power button down does nothing, I guess?

Try downloading a Doctor for a different webOS phone and running it while your Veer is hooked up to USB. It will throw an "Incompatible Device" error and won't try to install on your phone. But I hear it can shock your phone into waking up.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Just happened to me last week. Try these:
    I opened the slider and pressed (White square & Symbol & R keys) all at once.
    Hold volume button up and connect to your laptop.
    Hold power button down a while.
    Hold power button and toggle ringer switch.

Do them one at a time and in no particular order. If it doesn't work give it a break and repeat all those.

Good Luck
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    bibi_ivonne likes this.
    if you aren't transferring anything, unplug it and a screen saying "oww! that hurts!" will come up. Then wait. your veer should exit USB drive mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    Just happened to me last week. Try these:
    I opened the slider and pressed (White square & Symbol & R keys) all at once.
    Hold volume button up and connect to your laptop.
    Hold power button down a while.
    Hold power button and toggle ringer switch.

Do them one at a time and in no particular order. If it doesn't work give it a break and repeat all those.

Good Luck
    Oh my goodness!! If it wasn't for you I would have been sad all day because my hp veer got stuck on the usb mode and I didn't know what to do, then I thought, "let's google this" and I did and I ended up reading your post and doing it on my phone and it worked! THNAKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU MR. GENIOUS!!!