1.    #1  
    I live in Australia and in February, I bought a Veer from an online manufacturer. It was AT&T branded but unlocked.

I created an account and here's what I chose.
    English or Espanol
    And both regional settings were set to Australia.

I love my HP Veer and didn't care at the time when I couldn't buy apps, cause I would just get free apps and surf the net.

But now I have a craving for a Tumblr app and a GameBoy/GameBoyColor app. (tumblbox for webos and GBC.emu)

But my App Catalog was set to The US and thus I couldn't do anything

I previously had Impostah and Preware on my phone and I tried something with Impostah (I can't remember what exactly) but that failed so I just didn't change anything.

Recently I tried using the new application- App Catalog Country Changer on my PC and my App Catalog seemed to have changed, but when I tried putting in my card details a message saying- "a required data field does not exist or is empty"

From research I found that the field missing was "state", and on a similar post on Whirlpool forums, a person had the same problem but said they fixed the issue by removing Impostah

I, thinking hastily, uninstalled all my homebrew- including Preware and restarted my phone.

I then tried to doctor my phone, but realised I hadn't done the activation process from the e-mail when I created my account. I, then decided to resend the e-mail and was going through with the process when I found that the only countries they offered me- were the US and Canada.

Several talks with HP WebOS Live Chat proved unhelpful and they kept saying I had to create a new account- but what if they still only offered me, the US and Canada as options?

If there are any other ways to get these applications or similar ones, please help or if you know how to change the country so the state field appears.

I don't have a Touchpad or know anyone with one, so that's crossed off.

Seriously though- someone please help- I'm willing to reinstall all my homebrew- I still have WebOS Quickinstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by EjRulez View Post
    I live in Australia and in February, I bought a Veer from an online manufacturer. It was AT&T branded but unlocked.

I created an account and here's what I chose.
    English or Espanol
    And both regional settings were set to Australia.

I love my HP Veer and didn't care at the time when I couldn't buy apps, cause I would just get free apps and surf the net.

But now I have a craving for a Tumblr app and a GameBoy/GameBoyColor app. (tumblbox for webos and GBC.emu)

But my App Catalog was set to The US and thus I couldn't do anything

I previously had Impostah and Preware on my phone and I tried something with Impostah (I can't remember what exactly) but that failed so I just didn't change anything.

Recently I tried using the new application- App Catalog Country Changer on my PC and my App Catalog seemed to have changed, but when I tried putting in my card details a message saying- "a required data field does not exist or is empty"

From research I found that the field missing was "state", and on a similar post on Whirlpool forums, a person had the same problem but said they fixed the issue by removing Impostah

I, thinking hastily, uninstalled all my homebrew- including Preware and restarted my phone.

I then tried to doctor my phone, but realised I hadn't done the activation process from the e-mail when I created my account. I, then decided to resend the e-mail and was going through with the process when I found that the only countries they offered me- were the US and Canada.

Several talks with HP WebOS Live Chat proved unhelpful and they kept saying I had to create a new account- but what if they still only offered me, the US and Canada as options?

If there are any other ways to get these applications or similar ones, please help or if you know how to change the country so the state field appears.

I don't have a Touchpad or know anyone with one, so that's crossed off.

Seriously though- someone please help- I'm willing to reinstall all my homebrew- I still have WebOS Quickinstall.
    I have an AT&T veer, it had webOS 2.1.2, which has only two options (sweatshop) sets this option via under /usr/lib/luna/customization/ you will see the file system_customization.json this is what controls the OS county options. There are two ways to fix this upgrade to webOS 2.2.3/4 (look for the unofficial method, there is no official doctor) or downgrade to webOS 2.1.1 (there are two ways, use meta doctor and load webOS 2.1.1, and disable the update service, or use the meta doctor to change the devices identity from an AT&T device to a WR/ROW device, once done your device even after a doctor will think it is a WR/ROW device, you can go back using the meta doctor and reverse the fields from WR to AT&T, use the preware app show properties to know your devices real values save them/email them). Once down/up graded to a WR/ROW doctor all country codes are now selectable to the OS. This will have no effect on the HP/Palm profile that will stay what you have changed it to via the PC switcher.

FYI One can not just install the WR/ROW carrier sweatshop because the rest of the country data files have been removed from webOS 2.1.2.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 07/01/2012 at 08:07 PM.
    I have WebOs2.2.4 on my HP Pre3. This is EU Pre3 (ROW).
    I am located in India. Activation country is USA (Palm).
    Impostah tells me that "Check Paid Apps Access" is set to false.
    How to access paid Apps?

-jmd
    Palm III> Visor> Visorphone> Treo 180> 270> 600> 650> 680> Centro> HTC Tilt> BB-8310> Pixi-Plus> Pre 3
    Touchpad 16GB
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I have an AT&T veer, it had webOS 2.1.2, which has only two options (sweatshop) sets this option via under /usr/lib/luna/customization/ you will see the file system_customization.json this is what controls the OS county options. There are two ways to fix this upgrade to webOS 2.2.3/4 (look for the unofficial method, there is no official doctor) or downgrade to webOS 2.1.1 (there are two ways, use meta doctor and load webOS 2.1.1, and disable the update service, or use the meta doctor to change the devices identity from an AT&T device to a WR/ROW device, once done your device even after a doctor will think it is a WR/ROW device, you can go back using the meta doctor and reverse the fields from WR to AT&T, use the preware app show properties to know your devices real values save them/email them). Once down/up graded to a WR/ROW doctor all country codes are now selectable to the OS. This will have no effect on the HP/Palm profile that will stay what you have changed it to via the PC switcher.

FYI One can not just install the WR/ROW carrier sweatshop because the rest of the country data files have been removed from webOS 2.1.2.
    So what you're saying is that, if I upgrade to WebOS 2.2.3/4 I'll have the right country codes? So does that mean I have to upgrade and create a new account? Also where can I find a way to upgrade??

Thanks for that, by the way, it was really really helpful!