1.    #1  
    I don't see much in this forum about Veer, UberKernel and OverClocking...

There are a lot of options in Govnah... Stock, 1.024 GHz, 1.248, 1.344, 1.402...

How much is too much?

I'm running ondemandtcl at 1.024 right now. I like to err on the side of less battery consumption. But I wonder - How healthy is it to crank up to 1.402? That's 174% of the chip's original setting.

Does anybody have any experience running these higher speeds for extended periods of time? What about heat? What about chip life? Can the Qualcomm MSM 7230 chipset handle those speeds (especially the top 2)???

Veer seems very well optimized for battery life. Even with (admittedly conservative) overclocking I have no complaints about how long my charge lasts on the relatively tiny 910 mAh battery...

I'm almost tempted to crank it up another notch. Almost.

What are you overclocking at?

What are your experiences in the long run?

Thanks for any input.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I'll be interested in the response to this post. I'm hoping to recieve my Veer before the week is out!

Also, I got the Veer 4G in white, used for 75! Well chuffed, as long as it arrives :-)
    HP Pre 3 8GB on 2.2.4 with Skinomi Carbon Fiber Skin and Mugen 1400 mAh Battery
    HP Veer 4G Panda 8GB on 2.1.2 with clear Ghost Armor
    HP TouchPad 16GB on 3.0.5 with offical HP case.
    My wife's Veer is overclocked to 1.4GHz. The only issue is the battery drain. We need to charge it a bit more often.

Good Luck.
    3 Veers @ 1.402 and no issues for 6 months. Haven't noticed any battery change, but I've only been running at 1.402, so it's hard to compare to stock.

Fast and stable!
  5.    #5  
    I guess I'll go up a notch to 1.248 GHz.... That's just about where my Pre 2 is set.

I'm still a bit leary of the top 2 notches, but more reassured by the posts above.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    just do it
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    just do it
    nike
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Use Warthog kernel.
    Overclocking to 1GHz with easy without loosing battery performance too much. You'll love the fantastic speed of Veer.

Or you can use the stable 1,2GHz as a maximum. It is better comparing the hottest 1,4GHz.

But, originally 800MHz veer is fast, as long your USB drive does not fill too much file inside.

Salam Arema
  9.    #9  
    Well on UberKernel I went up a notch to 1.248 GHz and Veer Ran 3 days on one charge. Granted I didn't make too many calls but I poked the web and email more than a few times...

Not too shabby. But now it's charged and turned off while I exercise my Pre 2.

Mainly keeping the Veer handy for travel and tether since it's so darn packable and a bit faster on the network.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Can someone point me to step-by-step instructions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy C1 View Post
    Can someone point me to step-by-step instructions?
    Application:UberKernel - WebOS Internals