1.    #1  
    IDK what other thread/forum to post this in so here it is.

I've gotten freeTether working with my Veer and it USB tethers to my Win 7 x64 Laptop just fine.

Problem is, I want to USB tether it to an Iconia A200 running ICS. The tab won't see the phone. It doesn't have the necessary USBnet drivers it seems.

Any ideas on what I need to do to make this happen?

I have the question in at an Iconia Forum as well. I'm betting that webOS users will figure it out first. In any event I will update both threads if anything develops.

(OK I know, an Android tablet, shame on me! Hey, I got a good deal and it doesn't detract from my love for webOS. If I could have gotten a similar price on a TP I would have that right now. )
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  2.    #2  
    Update... No Bluetooth connectivity (that I've found yet) for internet access between the two, but the Wifi over freeTether works fine.

Obviously, from a battery drain perspective, USB tethering is the ideal choice.

I've been searching the internet and this forum (as well as the iconia forum) to no avail. It amazes me that there is still such a lack for cross platform solutions re: USB tethering. I understand it might be tricky/difficult... It's just that I see so many smart, informed people out there that I just guessed there would be some readily searchable answers.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    My assumption is that with wifi tethering working perfectly, there's little demand for anything else.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah... That's the common answer - "just WiFi tether!"

But it chafes me that I can't do as I please. I'm still exploring options and looking for a solution.

Mobile Nations Devotee