1.    #1  
    My otherwise wonderful Veer goes from 100% to 78% battery in only 1 hour with no activity or WiFi (just off, but connected to AT&T with one bar of service). Will draining it completely & recharging be of any benefit? (& do I have to drain it until it shuts itself off, or is it sufficient to drain it until the indicator turns orange?) How might I go about obtaining a new battery-- does HP replace batteries? Please help!!

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I buy my batteries on Ebay. 1 yr is good for a battery, get a new one.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    with these type of batteries it is recommended you Do Not completely drain and recharge . These batteries like to stay as charged up as possible at all times . To completely drain there types of batteries , will diminish the battery life expectancy . Good day.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Can someone help a guy out with a link for a replacement battery for a Veer? I did not know they were available...and after a bit of search, must admit that I can't find any!
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Can someone help a guy out with a link for a replacement battery for a Veer? I did not know they were available...and after a bit of search, must admit that I can't find any!
    I was wondering the same. Don't know the posters have any idea where to get them.

As for the Sudden battery drain the op should check the battery health with dr.battery,
    You may have read that we have already some users with 50% battery health. (That means you only have 1/2 of the battery capacity/runtime).
    Maybe it's it's that or some background process is running wild.
    Last edited by somline; 06/29/2012 at 11:57 AM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    This ^^^

+

http://www.webosnation.com/opening-l...ceable-battery

Seems more research needs to be done to find an off the shelf replacement for the sealed Veer battery...

Anyone cracked open the back and inspected the battery? Seems it is a Palm model, but which one?
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  8.    #8  
    THANKS for all the input. I am glad for the info that completely draining is not a good idea. I also agree that 1 yr is reasonable to expect (that's how long my Pre- battery lasted). However, I sense a business opportunity for someone who can supply new batteries for all the Veers out there that either need a battery already, or will need one soon (since HP is no longer willing to replace batteries). Any takers? In the meantime, I will be in Airplane Mode a lot, & will try to see if I can find any memory leaks.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Fully draining the battery is not something you should do a regular basis -- but it may be a good thing to try once. According to some people, the battery meter may get uncalibrated over time and doing a full drain/recharge may help reset the calibration.