Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow
  1.    #1  
    So I'm just about to recieve delivery of my HP Veer. The problem is, I bought it from someone selling it from someone else on eBay. All they know is that it is unlocked,

So which verson of the doctor should I use? Or, how do I find out that answer.

Cheers dudes!
    HP Pre 3 8GB on 2.2.4 with Skinomi Carbon Fiber Skin and Mugen 1400 mAh Battery
    HP Veer 4G Panda 8GB on 2.1.2 with clear Ghost Armor
    HP TouchPad 16GB on 3.0.5 with offical HP case.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    A list of webos doctors are here:

WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Scroll down to the ATT - Veer link if that is the carrier.
  3.    #3  
    I know where to find the doctor version. I'm asking how to tell which one I need if the seller can't tell me.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Assume it is a North American model if you bought it off eBay US... That can be verified by the AT&T logo on the back of the phone or the AT&T logo when you boot up.... or the AT&T apps that are useless once it has been unlocked... Start with 2.1.2.

If you pick wrong (EU for US or US for EU) the Doctor will return "Incompatible Device" error and you just download the other version.

BTW: Kill the AT&T bootup logo with this if you are gonna be on ST. webOS Nation boot animation- 320x480 (Pre-, Pre+,Pre 2)

<edit> I see you are in the UK (?) from your other post.... Look for O2 or Moviestar Branding to confirm EU version and start with 2.1.1 Doctor.

Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    billyboy likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Rumored. I'll start with 2.1.2 and go from there.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by billyboy; 07/07/2012 at 04:01 PM.
    Is there a "vanilla" 2.12 ie: no at&t stuff? i was using a 2.2.4, but it has the reboot problem thinking of going back
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Is there a "vanilla" 2.12 ie: no at&t stuff? i was using a 2.2.4, but it has the reboot problem thinking of going back
    Ehm no, you would have to create MetaDoctor yourself. I'm quite sure there's a script to remove the AT&T bloatware somewhere. Alternatively since you need to MetaDoctor anyway, you could use 2.1.1 and modify it to work on AT&T which has a lot less crap to start with
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Sorry for the noob question, but how do you download it? I've clicked the link for ATT Veer but I only get an error server not found message. Anyone else know another place to download? Thanks in advance
    Servers are currently down for all doctors, even if you are logged into your Palm Profile
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Servers are currently down for all doctors, even if you are logged into your Palm Profile
    Thank you sir for the response. From your experience, when will they be up and running again?
    I believe they were up and running last night (got a reply from the awesome @webOSdev) I just checked now and they are up for me. I wasn't at a computer until this morning, got the twitter response on my mobile last night and never made it to the computer.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I believe they were up and running last night (got a reply from the awesome @webOSdev) I just checked now and they are up for me. I wasn't at a computer until this morning, got the twitter response on my mobile last night and never made it to the computer.
    Server is up and I've downloaded the ATT version. Thanks!
    No probelm