1.    #1  
    The question is in the title.

Does it work at all? Are there any drawbacks?

Cheers guys.
    HP Pre 3 8GB on 2.2.4 with Skinomi Carbon Fiber Skin and Mugen 1400 mAh Battery
    HP Veer 4G Panda 8GB on 2.1.2 with clear Ghost Armor
    HP TouchPad 16GB on 3.0.5 with offical HP case.
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    The question is in the title.

Does it work at all? Are there any drawbacks?

Cheers guys.
    and The Answer is Yes Veer 4G will work in UK
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    ... although you won't get 4G speeds.

Also, if the phone has previously been activated in the USA, you'll get the american app catalogue and have to pay in dollars.

if it has not yet been activated, you can use Impostah to activate it as a UK device.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
  4.    #4  
    Paying in dollars is no problem for me to be honest. As long as I'm not going to miss out on any apps.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeron View Post
    ... although you won't get 4G speeds.

Also, if the phone has previously been activated in the USA, you'll get the american app catalogue and have to pay in dollars.

if it has not yet been activated, you can use Impostah to activate it as a UK device.
    So the Panda arrived today. The App Cat is in dollars which is fine but I can't add a credit card. The only billing countries available are New Zealand and Oz so it won't accept my card. How can I change that?
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    So the Panda arrived today. The App Cat is in dollars which is fine but I can't add a credit card. The only billing countries available are New Zealand and Oz so it won't accept my card. How can I change that?
    Search for the app catalog switcher application on the forums. You have to use a windows box, but it works. I switched my German Pre- to the US app catalog from German.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  7.    #7  
    Any chance of a link? I can't seem to find the thread you're referring to.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    when i first got my touchpad and added my United Kingdom details i was somehow still only able to add American and i think canadian or mexican details i forget which, handily enough some kind soul on the then awesome/useful HP forums fixed an error in my profile and i could add UK credit card details.
  9.    #10  
    Thanks bud!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums