Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By RumoredNow
  • 1 Post By jezzeppi
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Thinking of going with the Veer on ST. All I need is the $14.99 sim card, right? Will I get 4g?

Should I expect not to send MMS? Might be a deal breaker. Expect GPS will work but suckily...

I'm loving the Motorola Triumph on Virgin Mobile for $25/mo., but I miss webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlupfer View Post
    Thinking of going with the Veer on ST. All I need is the $14.99 sim card, right? Will I get 4g?
    In addition to the SIM you need a $45/month Unlimited everything card. They won't sell just the SIM and you can't use "bring your own phone option" with any other plan...

My Veer lights up H+ on Straight Talk. (Springfield, MO)

Should I expect not to send MMS? Might be a deal breaker. Expect GPS will work but suckily...
    You can send MMS. Use these settings that are working for me with Pre 2 and Veer (note that the 3g is showing as the screencaps are from my Pre 2 and NOT my Veer):

In Location Services > App menu > Find me Using... I selected GPS and Google services both enabled.

My Google Maps App zeroes in on me 3 seconds after the app opens.

I'm loving the Motorola Triumph on Virgin Mobile for $25/mo., but I miss webOS.
    Come On Home!!! It will get better with tweaks provided by this awesome community.

Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I'm using Straight talk with 2 Veers......flawless all around. No problem with ocassional tethering either.
    Worlds faster than me Pre2 on Sprint.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jezzeppi View Post
    I'm using Straight talk with 2 Veers......flawless all around. No problem with ocassional tethering either.
    Worlds faster than me Pre2 on Sprint.
    Do you have USB tether going or just WiFi?

I'm starting to look into USB tethering via freeTether since I now have the USB Passthrough unlocked as a side benefit of Dogbert's Method...

I'd like to hear from anyone how that goes and if it has caused any problems.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee