Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By John Steffes
  1.    #1  
    I got a new Veer from germany, everything works just fine so far, however i checked system info, and it says that i have 2.1.1(4111) and i read here that some of you have 2.2.3-4

So my question is, is it possible to update my veer? If so, is it worth it? What are the changes?

If i go to System Updates, it says that my phone is up to date.

Also, i'm a pretty new webos user (i'm not a new palm user however, i have a Sony UX50), can you recommend some apps (either from the store or from preware) that you use with your veer?

Thanks

*sorry for the mistyped title
    Last edited by passatgt; 06/25/2012 at 12:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by passatgt View Post
    I got a new Veer from germany, everything works just fine so far, however i checked system info, and it says that i have 2.1.1(4111) and i read here that some of you have 2.2.3-4

So my question is, is it possible to update my veer? If so, is it worth it? What are the changes?

If i go to System Updates, it says that my phone is up to date.

Also, i'm a pretty new webos user (i'm not a new palm user however, i have a Sony UX50), can you recommend some apps (either from the store or from preware) that you use with your veer?

Thanks

*sorry for the mistyped title
    Officially there are two versions of webOS for the Veer webOS 2.1.1 (WR/ROW) and webOS 2.1.2 (AT&T).

You can upgrade WR/ROW from webOS 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 but all you get is AT&T bloatware and their death star logo during boot.

Unofficially you can upgrade either WR or AT&T device to webOS 2.2.3/2.2.4 here is a forum all about it:

webOS 2.2.4 Doctor for Veer for AT&T or WR

If you want to take the plunge and go with the webOS 2.2.x there are a few benefits, but a few pitfalls, random reboots (although, I have heard that is carrier based not device based), I have a AT&T veer and it is not on a carrier and I never had a random reboot but YMMV, Skype over WIFi or Data (cool), and enjoy the most improvements we have seen yet.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 06/25/2012 at 07:08 PM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    ...You can upgrade WR/ROW from webOS 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 but all you get is AT&T bloatware and their death star logo during boot...
    LOLz death star logo.

I shot that one down: webOS Nation boot animation- 320x480 (Pre-, Pre+,Pre 2) just yesterday.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee