Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  • 1 Post By somline
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow
  1.    #1  
    Just want to confirm this. Thanks
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    It's just the normal sized SIM card....same one fits in the Pre3.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Can't you use a micro-sim with an adapter to make it regular sized?
    I can't see any reason why not.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I tried 3 adapters, none fit well, so I took a prepaid sim and laid the micro over it, traced it and cut it out of the sim. Then dropped the micro sim in the spot, threw a piece of clear scotch tape(thinner than the frosted stuff) and popped it in. No issues and ejects perfectly.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    it is a normal sized sim card. I would be very wary of using any adapters as it's not as easily accessible as the Pre 3, yet the Pre3 can be completely damaged by it not fitting right. There was a thread on the forums about this.
    ****Reducing Inventory****
    ###FOR SALE###

VZW Pre+ 1.4.5 500/1000 on demand Lithium 418
    White ATT Veer 2.1.2 with 1.4 on demand Lithium 122
    Black ATT Veer 2.1.2 Stock Lithium 196 - broken screen, spare parts
    webOS internals NA Pre3 2.2.4 Stock Lithium 111
  7.    #7  
    I just want to know so when my Veer blanks out I can put the Sim in another phone till I get it back.
    I thought it was Micro the smaller one no?

Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    No.
    All Palm/HP WebOS Phones are using regular SIM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    I just want to know so when my Veer blanks out I can put the Sim in another phone till I get it back.
    what do you mean by "when your veer blanks out?"
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    when his veer goes kaput.

isn't the easy swapping the point of SIMs in the first place?
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    No.
    All Palm/HP WebOS Phones are using regular SIM.
    Which makes me wonder why the heck do they need micro SIM, let alone the new ******** nano SIM... when they can fit a mini Card in something like a Veer.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Which makes me wonder why the heck do they need micro SIM, let alone the new ******** nano SIM... when they can fit a mini Card in something like a Veer.
    I would gladly change my sim to smaller if I can get a headphone jack by that :-)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Apple...

Kinda sad Nokia went micros on WP. There are certain things OEMs don't need to follow apple on to be competative. Would have loved to see the rest of the industry shun apples micro and now nano SIM pushes.

IIRC, the actual hardware for a headphone jack is too big to physically fit inside the phone, regardless of SIM size.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    When it shuts off and I can't restart it till the next morning.

I use a micro sim in a home made sim adapter in mine as well, cut it out myself, used a shiny piece is scotch tape. I have removed/installed it tons of times since feb when I set it up, and have had no trouble with it whatsoever.
    So you can loose it easily along with your microSD cards. That way you have to buy another.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    So you can loose it easily along with your microSD cards. That way you have to buy another.
    who's your carrier? AT&T doesn't charge, but maybe you are on a flat rate or month to month, I can't remember.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    who's your carrier? AT&T doesn't charge, but maybe you are on a flat rate or month to month, I can't remember.
    No worries about me. My full size SIM is right where I left it. I was just being sarcastical about companies motives for making micro SIMs.

That is a good point though. Maybe I should look into Straight Talk's SIM replacement policy since they never stock them in any outlets and they are an online order item only.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.