1.    #1  
    I just got a Veer and have done Dogbert's method and gotten my unlock code... Tried a few patches. Some worked some didn't... Some won't uninstall.

No matter, lessons learned right? The phone is far from set up yet for where it will be when I use it regularly. I'm going to Doctor the phone and then make a run at setting it up properly for daily use.

There are two "official" Doctors at Internals. 2.1.1 for O2 and 2.1.2 for AT&T.

If I use the O2 Doctor will I get less bloatware? Will it work? Seems the radio stacks shouldn't be a problem... Or will they? (Seems the O2 Veer supports the 850/1900 bands I need.) Would it have English as a language choice? Anything I'm neglecting to think of as a relative noob?

Good idea or bad nightmare?

What say you good people?
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  2.    #2  
    Never Mind... Incompatible device error.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    It's possible, there's a thread on it somewhere, but I doubt it will be any better.
  4.    #4  
    I was looking for a quick fix to get rid of bloatware. I have no idea how much is in the 2.1.1 Doctor, but as it works on multiple carriers (O2 in different countries + Moviestar) my gut feeling was it shouldn't have as much bloat.

I'm trying to follow and catch up on the 2.2.4 for Veer thread... Seems like it still a bit beta ATM. Might try that later.

Also there is the option to try removing bloat with Internalz Pro... *shrug* Basically I just like poking at my devices, especially when new.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    I was looking for a quick fix to get rid of bloatware. I have no idea how much is in the 2.1.1 Doctor, but as it works on multiple carriers (O2 in different countries + Moviestar) my gut feeling was it shouldn't have as much bloat.

I'm trying to follow and catch up on the 2.2.4 for Veer thread... Seems like it still a bit beta ATM. Might try that later.

Also there is the option to try removing bloat with Internalz Pro... *shrug* Basically I just like poking at my devices, especially when new.
    Bloatware removal use ipkg remove and the name of the module that you want to remove... Easy look at the carrier tar for the names of the modules, or you can create a vanilla meta doctor with them removed. Just remember if you have system updates it might add them back...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Bloatware removal use ipkg remove and the name of the module that you want to remove... Easy look at the carrier tar for the names of the modules, or you can create a vanilla meta doctor with them removed. Just remember if you have system updates it might add them back...
    Not sure when we'll get system updates... You know something the rest of us don't?

Thanks for the advice... I'll look into the vanilla meta doctor option... It's about time I learned something new.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    done it loads of times....there is a meta doctor script for it.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Not sure when we'll get system updates... You know something the rest of us don't?

Thanks for the advice... I'll look into the vanilla meta doctor option... It's about time I learned something new.
    Well I have an AT&T veer (not on any carrier unlocked), and I have tested webOS 2.1.1,2.1.2,2.2.3, and 2.2.4, with the system update module enabled, and it attempts to update the device with webOS 2.1.2.

So not to say a newer update is coming, but if apps are removed some checksum does not match HP/Palm servers and you get updated (or backdated).