1.    #1  
    My old veer is cracked, and im getting a new one in the mail any day now.

What would the easiest way be to transfer files, settings, patches, contacts to my new veer?

I know i can login with my palm profile, but im thinking that will just transfer my contacts. What about all my homebrew apps, patches, photos and settings? Do i need a program to export then import, or do i jsut need to copy a few key folders?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by kngkelly View Post
    My old veer is cracked, and im getting a new one in the mail any day now.

What would the easiest way be to transfer files, settings, patches, contacts to my new veer?

I know i can login with my palm profile, but im thinking that will just transfer my contacts. What about all my homebrew apps, patches, photos and settings? Do i need a program to export then import, or do i jsut need to copy a few key folders?

Thanks!
    You could create a backup under Linux and restore it, this way you would have all your files, settings and apps

But it's not THAT easy to do. Instructions are here (just ignore Cygwin bits and do everything in *nix):

WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the link!

But its kinda over my head aha...
    Isnt there like a backup app or anything like that i can use? What exactly will my palm profile sync over to my new phone?
    Make sure the HP Backup App has done it's thing...

In Preware install Save/Restore and use that... Also App Tuckerbox...

Then when you switch your profile over you should have most things. I've not done it and don't know for sure what will get missed. No harm in hedging your bets.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee