Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bluenote
  1.    #1  
    Irony of irony, a year after Josh trashed The Veer, a great article comes out by a user-fan, which praises the Veer and webOS.
    If you live long enough, you see everything. Go to The Verge article and leave a comment, maybe that will give it page views...

Something small, something ahead, something dead: A Review of webOS and the HP Veer | The Verge Forums
    gabriel likes this.
    Thanks for the link. Veer is such a great little phone. For people like me who have rather small hands, the form factor is very good; comfortably typing with one hand is easy. In a world where smartphones get bigger and bigger and bigger, I always found the Veer to be refreshing. Granted, I switched from a Veer to a Pre 3, but I do miss it, especially whenever I'm annoyed that I can't easily type with one hand on the Pre 3.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Wow that's really a great detailed review of the Veer! The Verge must be very webOS friendly to make this quality review of an old webOS phone.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    Wow that's really a great detailed review of the Veer! The Verge must be very webOS friendly to make this quality review of an old webOS phone.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    It's user-contributed.
    pretty good and decent read, the reviewer was quite happy and honest to mention good and bad points of his experience, much prefer that type of review to some biased reviews ive seen on various devices.
    Note the FORUMS up at the top - this is not an article, despite how The Verge formats forum posts as if it were articles.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Note the FORUMS up at the top - this is not an article, despite how The Verge formats forum posts as if it were articles.
    Thanks. You are right that I assumed by the formatting, I never go to their forums. Its got some comments, I hope it gets more as it is a great piece.
    A bit of a shameless plug, but for those interested, I am now selling my Veer phones on ebay. See http://www.ebay.ca/itm/271000025575?...84.m1555.l2649 for details. Sad to see them go. I really loved them.