1.    #1  
    Hello people!

I got a HP Veer 4G today, but it came just with the USB cable for the touchStone. I've been trying to handle the device files using blueetooth, or tried via web, but I couldn't.

Is there any solution to file-handling without the USB magnetic cable?

Help please, I can't even set up my own ringtones :/

Thanks,

--
    Mekoda
    you need that cable so look around at hp amazon or ebay, maybe this site has one.
    can you get wifi file sharing from hp catalogue, it might be homebrew, does your veer have preware? wifi media sync also lets you connect locally over wifi.
    I thin k wifi media sync is in the app catalogue.

edit--but you need a wire connection once to install wosqi which lets you install preware which gives you access to all homebrew.
    dropboxify? ssh?
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    See below for ebay listing, this looks like the right cable from the pic. If anything goes wrong with Veer, you will have to doctor it which is simple process but it needs your phone to be connected to pc. So think of the $16 you pay for the cable as insurance. Also you can install webos quick install latest version, and then using WOSQI get preware and with preware you can get patches for veer and optimization of kernel and wifi file sharing program and so on and so forth...

HP Veer USB Magnetic Cable | eBay
    Use this link get it for $6

Amazon.com: Palm Pre 3 Palm Veer Magnetic USB Cable: Computers & Accessories

you can use wifi sharing, its a free app in preware, but you need to install preware in order to get that app.
    In order to install preware you need to connect your phone via cable.

There was a way to do novacom communication over wifi, but not sure if its working, never worked for me.
    Again I am too dumb, may be it will work for you...

http://www.webosnation.com/novacom-h...stalls-horizon
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    Use this link get it for $6

Amazon.com: Palm Pre 3 Palm Veer Magnetic USB Cable: Computers & Accessories

you can use wifi sharing, its a free app in preware, but you need to install preware in order to get that app.
    In order to install preware you need to connect your phone via cable.

There was a way to do novacom communication over wifi, but not sure if its working, never worked for me.
    Again I am too dumb, may be it will work for you...

http://www.webosnation.com/novacom-h...stalls-horizon
    Nice job! I did not see that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Nice job! I did not see that one.
    Guys,

I was looking into developing some kind of wired dock for my veer since the magnetic connector i got with it broke in a few days

I really like to post a DIY when I have time
    for now let me give a headsup to someone who may like to try it or may have time to create a DIY project

I first took a normal USB and chopped the connector at the rear end of the cable
    found 4 small color coded wires
    Red(+ 5V), White(Data - pin), Green(Data + pin) & Black(GND)

heres the mapping of which pin goes to which point of the veer
    veer has 5 connectivity point in the magnetic connector area, among which the 4th connection is not used
    remaining wires goes as below to the corresponding ports
    1---->White
    2---->Green
    3---->Red
    4---->NOT USED
    5---->Black
    I bought a veer a couple months ago...it came with an extra magnetic connector....I can let you borrow one if you can't get one....don't want to part with it cause I heard there very touchy and don't last forever.....but I can send you one as long as you send it back
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship