1.    #1  
    I currently have a PRE 2 but I dropped it yesterday and have cracked the screen :'( I've come across a US version of the Veer which is much cheaper than in the UK.

It comes unlocked but will everything still work in the UK, With an English sim card and HP profile ?

Thanks
    I could be wrong, but it looks like it would have the bands you need for 4G or whatever UMTS/HSDPA speeds you are getting on your side of the pond.

Mobile Network Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    HP Veer - Full phone specifications

So far as Apps and Restore from the HP servers you should be golden... Whatever is on your profile should migrate. You'll have UK App catalog as that attaches to your profile info, not where the phone is from.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    I could be wrong, but it looks like it would have the bands you need for 4G or whatever UMTS/HSDPA speeds you are getting on your side of the pond.

Mobile Network Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    HP Veer - Full phone specifications

So far as Apps and Restore from the HP servers you should be golden... Whatever is on your profile should migrate. You'll have UK App catalog as that attaches to your profile info, not where the phone is from.
    You could get US app catalog if you wanted too by activating with Impostah without UK sim card

Once you activate with UK sim card you'll be stuck to UK App catalog
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    You could get US app catalog if you wanted too by activating with Impostah without UK sim card

Once you activate with UK sim card you'll be stuck to UK App catalog
    Nowadays you can switch between catalogs with the Veer, with help of a support engineer(US support). Just did it yesterday with an EU Veer that was activated with a dutch T-Mobile sim. So US! paid apps with a dutch CC without using Impostah.

EDIT: Okay one step too far I'm afraid, buying apps doesn't work: the CC somehow still gets rejected after tapping 'purchase'. Didn't try to buy one after yesterday's change, sorry. Still it's possible to switch between all catalogs though.
    Last edited by DRS10; 06/07/2012 at 01:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRS10 View Post
    Nowadays you can switch between catalogs with the Veer, with help of a support engineer(US support). Just did it yesterday with an EU Veer that was activated with a dutch T-Mobile sim. So US! paid apps with a dutch CC without using Impostah.
    I tried this a couple of weeks ago, but no luck. Guess I need to try it again
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Oooh how do i do that???
    It works great here in India, where veer was never launched officially

Mine is configured to work on US app catalogue; and of course it can be changed by using impostah

Go ahead with your purchase and enjoy using your veer
    Quote Originally Posted by madlove143 View Post
    It works great here in India, where veer was never launched officially

Mine is configured to work on US app catalogue; and of course it can be changed by using impostah

Go ahead with your purchase and enjoy using your veer
    Can someone point it to me, how to change an app catalog with impostah...
    I bought an unlocked AT&T Veer from ebay and use it as my daily driver in the UK. The catalogue is UK, but i don't find it a huge issue because besides email, twitter, FB and calls and texts I don't do much else with the phone. I'd rather stick on freetether and use my TP. BTW, battery life on the veer, even whilst tethering is pretty impressive.
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    Can someone point it to me, how to change an app catalog with impostah...
    I never tried this; but their exists a thread on this

Global Paid App Catalog Access for new unlocked GSM Pre 2/Pre 3/Veer (using Impostah)
    Exactly that is my point, you can activate a new phone in whatever country but once country is registered it cant be changed using impostah....
    Only HP Rep can change it, I got mine changed to US as india has no apps.