Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hrminer92
  1.    #1  
    One night i had the headphone thing hooked up... i turned off the phone with the jacked still hooked.

the next morning the phone was hot and he battery was dead.

ive switched batteries with a full one and now the veer just drains super fast!

Dr Battery Says... -565mha.. with the charger plugged its still at -125mha!!!!

Ive looked everywhere for solutions. I cant find any. Ive wiped the phone and still same thing. ive downloaded dr battery but the calibration does not work.

please any suggestions woud be appreciated
    Do you see an app using a lot of memory in JSTop? (Preware)
    Uberkernel + Govnah has underclocking capabilities
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    What preware is installed?
    I had an issue like this with freetether.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I guess I missed the thread showing how to swap out Veer batteries.
    Jake_M likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    I guess I missed the thread showing how to swap out Veer batteries.
    See here: Veer Disassembly - WebOS Internals

You can open the back case enough to take out and replace the battery without voiding the warranty
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    What preware is installed?
    I had an issue like this with freetether.
    actually i only got into reading about preware and dr battery after this happend. but i did unlock the phone through usb passthrough before this happend.

im used quickinstall preware with novacom drivers to put dr. battery.

i guess ill try the govanah or that jstop the other guys metnioend
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDeWitt View Post
    Do you see an app using a lot of memory in JSTop? (Preware)
    cant seem to find it under apps. im using the quickinstall preware thing to load stuff from the computer
  9.    #9  
    i guess i should get the list of apps from preware? got no internet at home cuz i just moved. so ive bee downloading **** at internet cafes and loading up on my laptop.
  10.    #10  
    JStop shows only 31.49mb of memory is being used
    Launcher with 201 nodes?

I got govnah on but i dont see how to underclock. its running at 800mhz. plus i couldnt figure out how to get Uberkernel.. from what i read there are no sable kernels for veer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    See here: Veer Disassembly - WebOS Internals

You can open the back case enough to take out and replace the battery without voiding the warranty
    Thanks! Are there any 3rd party sources for replacement batteries? My son was saying his Veer has a hard time keeping a charge, so it sounds like I may be taking advantage of those instructions in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Thanks! Are there any 3rd party sources for replacement batteries? My son was saying his Veer has a hard time keeping a charge, so it sounds like I may be taking advantage of those instructions in the near future.
    No I read somewhere though that the battery is interchangeable with a Pixi and it could be recalibrated using Dr. Battery app (from Preware) on a Pixi.... This should solve the issue with it losing it's charge. Unfortunately the Veer and Pre3 have a closed source A6 chip which causes Dr. Battery not to work properly on these phones, so recalibration cannot be done in a Veer or Pre3?
    The battery is proprietary IIRC -- i think the gold contacts are on the large side, not the edge.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    No I read somewhere though that the battery is interchangeable with a Pixi and it could be recalibrated using Dr. Battery app (from Preware) on a Pixi.... This should solve the issue with it losing it's charge. Unfortunately the Veer and Pre3 have a closed source A6 chip which causes Dr. Battery not to work properly on these phones, so recalibration cannot be done in a Veer or Pre3?
    Yes thats right http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3250317
    But a lot of hassle. First you should install Dr.Battery and read the "Health" of the battery. Only if the Health is below e.g. 80% I would consider to reset it.
    Last edited by somline; 06/18/2012 at 11:32 PM.