Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By wMarck90
  1.    #1  
    On 15 May 2011 the HP Veer was released in the US after almost one year an update never come for this device.
    HP Staff have always confirm the update coming on interview, what we can do to have this update? I'm really angry because we are considered as mediocre.
    Anyone have ideas what we can do? Petition?...
    tekis and Trader05 like this.
    My VEER has run like crap! It constantly loses sync with Yahoo mail and calendar. It's not normal.
    well i doubt it'll push things if we start a petition or whatever, but im up if your start one.
    And about being considerec as mediocre, i think its way too late to change that :S...
    Something is better than nothing...lets do it!
    On HP's site its in current life cycle.
    How many Veers are out there in the wild?
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    How many Veers are out there in the wild?
    Good question...

Maybe the Kratt brothers can track them down and observe their behavior, note their habitat requirements, etc...

Don't mind me, I'm just amusing myself again.

Sincerely, I wish you luck with your Veers. You should get all the support promised.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but there are steps you can take into your hands. In my 2 month tenure with the Veer, I stayed with 2.1.2, but added on the SMS capability, as outlined in this thread:

Veer BlueTooth MAP (SMS Mirror) for webOS 2.1.x

fairly simple procedure

and there's this one as well for upgrading to 2.2.4
    WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer

Your best bet with the second thread is to start at the end, and work your way backwards, to find out where to go from there.

it seems like TTS, (from what little I read on the subject), either is hit-and-miss, or doesn't work. To tell you the truth, it's a novelty item, for me, as it doesn't play well (read: at all) with Advanced Browser, which is all I use.

So there's some options to consider, I think the SMS is probably the best feature between the two.
  8.    #8  
    Update to fix the annoying bugs.
    I have already installed 2.2.3 and 2.2.4 but i have the problem of random shutdown...
    And... from 1 week ago touch.facebook.com it's stopped to working on Veer... I think because the browser and the engine (webkit) it's old... My friend have confirmed on 2.2.4 Pre 3 working... and HP have promise this update...
    This come for Pre2 also...
    If this don't coming, i sell my Veer, i can't stay with a buggy phone.
    Ok, I really wasn't sure what you were talking about, to be honest. Just throwing some ideas in the air.
  10.    #10  
    Well... When i have updated to 2.2.4 i notice this...

Battery performance much better
    Browser more faster
    Contact app on 2.1.1 it's suck.. slow and freeze. On 2.2.4 the situation it's much better.
    Sometimes freeze, i never see this on 2.2.4.

If anyone can solve the damn problem with the random shutdown on call, i can stay with 2.2.4...
    But i think the problem it's why we can't have the upgrade? We have payed the device like the Pre 2 and Pre 3 owner and it's not right this decision.
    Honestly i think the problem it's no one on HP thinking on Veer... I think everyone see this device like the "Jon Rubinstein toy" he is out and now no one are supporting this device.
    Try to asking to HP staff news about this update... Magic... Everyone disappear everytime you asking this.
    i have a veer, but i find the alarm clock to be very unreliable.... so I stick to using my Pre3
    I do wish they would push out an update to the Veer...
    well i agree that the performance on 2.2.4 is much better than on 2.1.1.
    And i have to add that i never had problems with random shutdowns on calls, i just hat problems that the battery dropped from ~30% to 0%, but that just happened like once in 2 months, so that doesn't have to do anything with 2.2.4.

IMO we don't really need a release of 2.2.4, because nowadays its pretty easy to do it yourself, we need some other development!
    For the shutdown on-call I had this A LOT the last couple of days here in NL with Vodafone! Maybe they changed something about their network that caused this? I noticed the following: WiFi, BlueTooth, Data/3G ALL off. The reception is usually 1-2 bars when this happens, so I got the feeling it has to do with low signal strength somehow....
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz89 View Post
    well i agree that the performance on 2.2.4 is much better than on 2.1.1.
    And i have to add that i never had problems with random shutdowns on calls, i just hat problems that the battery dropped from ~30% to 0%, but that just happened like once in 2 months, so that doesn't have to do anything with 2.2.4.

IMO we don't really need a release of 2.2.4, because nowadays its pretty easy to do it yourself, we need some other development!
    Good for you, i have 2 Veer one EU and one USA and they have the problem of random shutdown...
    And honestly we need the 2.2.4 update "official" i know some users who have fear to upgrade because can damage their Veer or prefer an official update.
    HP have promise this update, HP have release this update for Pre 2 and Pre 3, why we can't have this? why?
    AT&T? A6? No one know anything, Maybe in the HP office they are working with this

why you think the 2.2.4 tts will come,but the 2.2.5tts will boot on veer soon
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by renren12310 View Post
    why you think the 2.2.4 tts will come,but the 2.2.5tts will boot on veer soon
    Uhm... Do you think 2.2.5 come for Veer?... I doubt
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I am trying my Veer more as myAT&T Pre3 is having random reboots in the last few weeks, like many other Telstra SIM users. Its still at 2.1.2 but iphone users shake their heads when they see how small it is. But I have a keyboard! I sure think its time for a proper upgrade by now!
    love it!
    bought it a few days after getting the TP (< 1 month before the firesale)
    I had a Sprint Pre that I purchased shortly after its release, but thought I might enjoy greater synergies with the Veer & TP
    I have been disappointed in HP's abandonment of the Veer
    I have come to love my little phone & am at a loss to find anything like it presently on the market
    If you need further evidence of HP's corporate sickness, their abandoning this excellent product stands an unequivocal example
    could it really be a petulant swipe at Rubinstein from disgruntled HP staffers?
    hopefully Whitman will have more sense than her predecessors
    I just read that the next generation I phone will have a 4" screen. OMG that's like carrying around a tablet in your pocket. Give me a Veer over that any day.
    i think 5+ qualifies as a tablet. :P 4 is only 4/10 inch larger than a Pre3...
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: