1.    #1  
    My touchscreen is being unresponsive at times. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt...

I just unlocked my new veer through dogberts instructions a couple days ago, installed preware, downloaded about 4-5 patches and the touchscreen completely stopped working. So, I did a full erase and redoctored the phone twice. And, the touchscreen only works occasionally.

Should I doctor it again? Has this been a problem for anyone else? Is there some sort of solution?
    My Screen Display Died Today.
    Previously I had issues when sliding up and down.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    My Screen Display Died Today.
    Previously I had issues when sliding up and down.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Have the same problem please help me out ..
    Thanks in advance
    Veer is under warranty from HP for one year from purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Veer is under warranty from HP for one year from purchase.
    yes ... its still under warranty ....

but can't end it to california from India..

please help out..

Thank u
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmbk View Post
    yes ... its still under warranty ....

but can't end it to california from India..

please help out..

Thank u
    try restarting touchscreen process

conectt your phone from the Webos Quickinstall commandline and execute the command

stop hidd
    above commmand will stop the process responsible for touch sensing

after that execute the command
    start hidd

this will start the process again
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    i'm having the same problem for a while, on the beggining was when closing the keyboard fast, and sometimes had some troubles with ghost touch...
    one day i was getting really ****ed at it, and started pressing hard.. and on the corners of the glass it made a cracking noise and started working again.....

Now, when i have trouble that the touch stop working or the screen goes dark i started pressing on the corners, especially nearby the signal bar or above the touch area till i hear some cracking noise... and starts working again...
    Quote Originally Posted by padula View Post
    i'm having the same problem for a while, on the beggining was when closing the keyboard fast, and sometimes had some troubles with ghost touch...
    one day i was getting really ****ed at it, and started pressing hard.. and on the corners of the glass it made a cracking noise and started working again.....

Now, when i have trouble that the touch stop working or the screen goes dark i started pressing on the corners, especially nearby the signal bar or above the touch area till i hear some cracking noise... and starts working again...
    Cracking noise?!?!? That does NOT sound good/healthy for the phone.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    yeah, i know it sounds awful, but it's a not too loud like you're really cracking the screen, most like you're stucking something back...
    Even so... If you don't have the HP warranty because you got it second hand, I think I'd try and find a repair guy locally who could take a peek under the hood... Or maybe a DIY project: Veer Disassembly - WebOS Internals
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Any updates on how to fix the keyboard sliding and screen stopping to respond issue?

Mine just started to do this randomly....
    Personally I think the problems seems to less occur if you stick to standard kernel and do not overclock. I had the UberKernel running for a while and did overclock and the problem occured more often.

Now it is not gone completely, but so much a problem anymore. Otherwise it might help, not to have the Veer in the pocket but in jacket or so.

BUT my first Veer (I own two.) had to sent to repair, because it was really a problem. Sometimes it operated itself for minutes taking some ghostery input to the touchscreen

About the suggesstion of killing and restarting the hid process: Might be worthwile to establisch a cronjob and doing this on regular basis, i.e. daily at 4h in the morning (where almost noone should use his phone ....) and see if this has any effect....
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Same thing happened with many pixis
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    I love my Veer, perhaps even irrationally
    it is my main cellphone, with my Samsung S3 as backup
    I fear I may need to replace it as the screen no longer responds when the keyboard is opened
    works great with it closed, which makes me think it must be either a firmware problem or something amiss with the slider
    haven't Doctored it yet, which I will try before seeing what AT&T can do
    anyone with any suggestions before it goes back?
    me too. My veer seem stop me touching but can still work by typing. it's strange.