1.    #1  
    A couple of days ago I started getting these distorted lines when I slid open my veer (Photo is attached) but they went away when i either pressed the power button or re opened the phone. However, since yesterday the screen went completely blank. I tried restarting the phone several times, and given it a doctor, but the screen stays blank.

The screen light is on, but nothing appears on it. Even throughout the doctor, and after the doctor, it remained completely blank.

Heres a shot of the screen before it died completely, notice the weird stripes on it.

It looks like i'll be sending it into Palm for a repair job...but any ideas on what I could do other than that, or what the devil happened to it, would be great. I'd atleast want to know what went wrong! :P

Thanks for your help guys!
    Last edited by Editor02; 04/24/2012 at 05:08 AM.
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    I saw this very symptom once, a long time ago, on a Treo. What happened was that the display connection ribbon had become loose, and this caused the stripes to appear. A few weeks after that the screen went totally dark when the ribbon completely disconnected itself.

In all honesty, if I was you, I'd open it up and try to re-seat the display connection ribbon before sending it to Palm.
    It wouldn't be a quick fix to do this yourself unfortunately and would void your warranty

See Veer Disassembly - WebOS Internals
  4.    #4  
    That is good. The thing here is, the Veer isn't designed to be opened, I believe warranty is voided when you open it...so it may fix it...but if it doesn't, you foot the whole repair bill...  ...so I wouldn't recommend it, because if it were my pre 3 phone, maybe, you can open the back...veer needs dismantling and if you void warranty, the repair won't cost just postage, it will be postage + their flat rate :-(

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  5.    #5  
    It wouldn't be a quick fix to do this yourself unfortunately and would void your warranty

See Veer Disassembly - WebOS Internals
    Oh yes Herrie, thanks for confirming that

At least weknow what the cause may be now not sure how it became loose if it hadnt been dropped :/

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities