Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By pocket_vlad
  • 1 Post By tracks914
  1.    #1  
    I just bought a veer from an ex hp employee on craigslist for 90 bucks....he was ill informed on the status of webOS even thou he uses a TP....I checked it out ran the tests and its in perfect shape with his profile still on it...go figure....I told him I was going to unlock it and called AT&T for the code worried it might be a stolen phone

they told me the phone is eligible for an unlock code and will request it to be sent by the 30th of this month

question is this normal?

and should I doctor the veer before or after I enter the code?
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
  2.    #2  
    you got a great deal....wish I was you :-)
    32G Touchpad
    you found your answer? (and answered yourself?) I believe that is normal, from what I recall. I don't think you can doctor before entering it, could be wrong, but not sure if you can get into recovery mode until it's unlocked. I can't see any harm in putting in the code, then doing the doctor.

I got mine for $110 shipped with a Touchstone, nothing wrong with what you paid, but I do recommend finding a Pre3. I was hesitant, but eventually caved in. My only opportunity to ever get one. Paid $240 shipped with 2 touchstones and 2 cords/wall chargers. It's a shame they didn't release that one first, as good as the Veer is.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I got my Verr for 110$ with international priority post it cost me 50$ it is alot for phone but I have track and isurance for my parcel and on customs my parcel was open, and come with security straps on it. Phone and Touchstone with data cabel all was in, and nothing is not gone .I think It was good deal, and it was right to use Priority MAIL.
    kataran likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    I just bought a veer from an ex hp employee on craigslist for 90 bucks....he was ill informed on the status of webOS even thou he uses a TP....I checked it out ran the tests and its in perfect shape with his profile still on it...go figure....I told him I was going to unlock it and called AT&T for the code worried it might be a stolen phone

they told me the phone is eligible for an unlock code and will request it to be sent by the 30th of this month

question is this normal?

and should I doctor the veer before or after I enter the code?
    Veer is a very nice phone. I use it as a backup phone. I got a couple of new Veer from ebay ranging from $70 to $90 shipped. If you couldn't get the unlock code from Att, you can use Dogbert's unlock SW to unlock your Veer.

Good luck.
    I bought a spare Veer shipped to Canada for $80. Called AT&T U.S. and asked for the code. They couldn't find it and sent in a work order. Told me about 30 days??? In 20 minutes I had the code in my email box.
    great service
    kataran likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    I bought a spare Veer shipped to Canada for $80. Called AT&T U.S. and asked for the code. They couldn't find it and sent in a work order. Told me about 30 days??? In 20 minutes I had the code in my email box.
    great service
    What.....i have been going back and forth with AT&T and they first told me that i cant get an unlock code for an iphone...and i told them i stated an unlock code for an HP VEER which i was told would be given to me and i was eligible for by the end of the month.....

upon calling them on the phone....i was told i had to have been a member of there service at one time to get the code...and i told them i had AT&T service back in 98 with a car phone i had but they couldnt find it on there server...i asked if there data went back that long and she said that she couldn't find an account

QUESTION....if i have anybody with an account call and say they need an unlock code would i have a chance in getting it???
    32G Touchpad
    Try calling again, get a different person and they may be able to help. I had no problem, was on the phone with them for less than 5 minutes. I even told them I was calling from Canada and had no way of becoming an ATT customer. She was great with me.