Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I picked up a Veer when the webOS world was falling apart in August last year. I always had my eyes on the Pre 3 but with the likelihood (as was believed at the time) that the AT&T version would never see the light of day I 'settled' for the Veer instead.

It was easier to use than I expected, keyboard was quite usable and it was plenty powerful for what I needed. Flash forward six months, I've got two Pre 3's and five Veers. I use a Pre 3 day to day, my wife got the first Veer I had. That's been dropped and has a broken screen and she's onto the second one. My Pre's are playing up so I'm back on a Veer temporarily. Which reminded me how much I love this little thing.

With the screen slid open you can type holding the unit with one hand. The Pre 3 is too top heavy to do this comfortably and wants to fall out of your hand. Keys are not too close to use but closer than Pre 3 meaning you don't have to move your fingers as far. The vibrator on the Veer is a quiet high buzz that's almost instant when it's activated which gives a sense of slickness, whereas the Pre's is a lower tone that ramps up. The Veer is so pocketable you hardly notice it's there. The Pre 3 there's no mistaking it. The screen is small but it's quite usable. The ringer mute switch has a whole area that shows up red when you switch it onto silent, the Pre 3 it's just a small red dot which isn't as easy to see. The Veer you can remove the SIM without removing the battery, not so on the Pre 3. The screen on the Pre 3 has a slight green tint whereas the Veer is truer or perhaps slightly blue. Either way the Veer's looks nicer next to the Pre's though you'd never fault the Pre's on its own.

Dealbreakers? Nope, but they're all little things that combine to make it a great experience.

So why aren't I still using a Veer? Purely because 1) I need a camera with focus and a flash, and 2) some of the apps I need (like Smart Office) are only available on the Pre 3. Touch to share would be a nice to have, I rarely use it with my Pre 3 but it's cool when I need it. And I'd prefer to ditch the magsafe connector so I can charge it with a standard cable if necessary.

Long live the Veer.
    Last edited by gregp; 04/19/2012 at 02:25 AM.
    If you use the same account on your veer than you do with your pre 3, you can apptuckerbox smart office (which i find to be an awful app), and use it perfectly on your veer. I must say however, when i use my veer, i miss the flashlight of my pre 3 which is even brighter than my brother's Porsche design and Lumia torches, both of which are dual led.
    I noticed Apple now uses magsafe adapter/power cords...in fact their new products showcasing today have them too. What happened? I thought the magsafe adapter was the stupidest idea HP came up with? Oh wait, suddenly once it's on an Apple device, it's cool?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Veyron431 View Post
    If you use the same account on your veer than you do with your pre 3, you can apptuckerbox smart office (which i find to be an awful app), and use it perfectly on your veer. I must say however, when i use my veer, i miss the flashlight of my pre 3 which is even brighter than my brother's Porsche design and Lumia torches, both of which are dual led.
    Use the SAME account????????????????????????????????

Until where I know, you cannot do this and have the both devices activated...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    My favorite on the Veer? NY Times (beta). Loads instantly even w/ only 1 bar on AT&T, easy to read font size, occasional small pics to keep it interesting, & simple to navigate (Latest news, Opinion, etc). I would love it if other contributors to this forum would chime in w/ ONE favorite Veer app (& why), esp an app that hasn't been mentioned previously.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Why I love it?
    It's small and is always in my pocket. It does almost everything I want it to do....and I bought a spare because there is nothing like it on the market.
    Favorite App. Smartrunner, I bike with it, listen to music, track my routes and can answer my phone with the touch of a button.(all while riding)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Oh wait, suddenly once it's on an Apple device, it's cool?
    The Veer's is odd, proprietary and requires the dongle for the 3.5 mm jack.
    While the MagSafe is proprietary too, it makes more sense for the type of device, since we are more likely to trip over a laptops power cord.

Thats just my take on it
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    I agree totally - I like SmartRunner also, and having everything the Veer has in such a tiny package is unique!

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums