1.    #1  
    Hi, all!

I have an AT&T Veer, with OS 2.1.2.
    I keep additions to minimum; the only patches I have are Sconix's Advanced System Pref's. These are extremely important to me, because otherwise the phone does not have message reminders (periodic beeps reminding that new sms/email arrived). For me, a phone without message reminder beeps is useless.

Recently, I discovered that AT&T, in its ultimate wisdom, saddled us with another "gift": disabled selection of cellular network. That is a problem when roaming outside of AT&T territory, regardless of what SIM is in use, because some cellular providers do not work that well.

Frantid created a patch that re-enables missing network selection menus in the AT&T-branded Phone Network Services. That works well, but conflicts with the Advanced Prefs patches. Bummer.

My understanding is that the EU versions of Veer do not have a crippled Network Services menu and do allow network selection. Is it possible to load the EU version of WebOS 2.1 onto an AT&T Veer?
    If so, is it difficult? How would one go about it? Are there any drawbacks to such change?

Thanks in advance! Robert.
    Last edited by rdwalker; 04/11/2012 at 09:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdwalker View Post
    Hi, all!

I have an AT&T Veer, with OS 2.1.2.
    I keep additions to minimum; the only patches I have are Sconix's Advanced System Pref's. These are extremely important to me, because otherwise the phone does not have message reminders (periodic beeps reminding that new sms/email arrived). For me, a phone without message reminder beeps is useless.

Recently, I discovered that AT&T, in its ultimate wisdom, saddled us with another "gift": disabled selection of cellular network. That is a problem when roaming outside of AT&T territory, regardless of what SIM is in use, because some cellular providers do not work that well.

Frantid created a patch that re-enables missing network selection menus in the AT&T-branded Phone Network Services. That works well, but conflicts with the Advanced Prefs patches. Bummer.

My understanding is that the EU versions of Veer do not have a crippled Network Services menu and do allow network selection. Is it possible to load the EU version of WebOS 2.1 onto an AT&T Veer?
    If so, is it difficult? How would one go about it? Are there any drawbacks to such change?

Thanks in advance! Robert.
    Hi
    Yes it is possible but version EU is 2.1.1
    Download WebOS Doctor here
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/veer/...rp160unawr.jar
    Luc
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyluc61 View Post
    Hi
    Yes it is possible but version EU is 2.1.1
    Download WebOS Doctor here
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/veer/...rp160unawr.jar
    Luc
    Thanks!

Would you know if the install as simple as just launching this file?
    Or some other work is needed to fake the "EU Identity" of the phone?
    Hi dude if you manage to do so just let me know how out did it ..... I have had it with att bloadware....
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    you can't just run the eu doctor - there is a script in meta doctor to create the file you need

WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
  6.    #6  
    Thanks. I am reading the info now - wow, quite involved, isn't it?

Robert.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdwalker View Post
    Thanks. I am reading the info now - wow, quite involved, isn't it?

Robert.
    No, it's one step at a time.
    Read and do, don't skip steps:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ation-etc.html

Once you have VirtualBox/Ubuntu/Meta-Doctor set up, just run the script you need.
    No need to edit the Makefile as in this tutorial.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:20 PM.