1.    #1  
    Is there a way to change it? The sound you get when you get a text message.
    Thanks
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Install the Advanced Framwork patch and then the Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs, then do a luna restart, go into your message app, and you should have an option in the Preferences.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    I have Preware but patches scare me, can't they mess up my Veer?
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    They worked for me...as well as overclocking. I can't use any webOS phone without patches. Just install them (and remove) with Preware, and you should be fine.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I heard that some of the "Advanced" patches don't work with 2.2.3/2.2.4, but if you're using the standard 2.1.2, you should have no trouble, it's foolproof for the most part. After all, I could do it!
    Advanced Patches work fine on 2.2.3 and 2.2.4. Have a Pre3 and a Pre2 running advanced patches.

@OP, I have been patching webOS since second day of having a Pre (so over 2 1/2 years). Couldn't imagine not patching, I like to modify things in general and webOS is no different.

Oh and patching is much safer than jailbreaking or installing custom roms. And with webOS dr, you can always go back to a fresh HP provided factory install.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...