Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    One thing I noticed... but probably minor and won't affect most people.

It seems like after First Use bypass after enabling Dev Mode, running the Gesture Tutorial actually starts Gesture Tutorial rather than First Use. The behaviour I've previously seen was that if the profile is Dr. Skipped FIrst Use, it should go start First Use rather than Gesture Tutorial.

This kinda forced me to activate the phone with an active SIM, but I actually wanted to activate it on Wi-Fi only to try it out first.

My theory is that since the files were extracted from already running devices, there might be a flag somewhere in the FS files or profiles that needs to be cleared?
    As I am using the rootfs and boot tar, it is not bringing any user/profile info over. This process also removes any files that are not covered by the md5sums.

So this is like a real HP/Palm doctor.

This behavior is normal, as I am invoking dev mode so one can update the TouchPanel firmware and A6 firmware!

So once set, one has to disable dev mode, then reboot then enable dev mode to bypass first use.

FYI if there are any files not part of the md5sums, the Doctor would fail validation.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    As I am using the rootfs and boot tar, it is not bringing any user/profile info over. This process also removes any files that are not covered by the md5sums.

So this is like a real HP/Palm doctor.

This behavior is normal, as I am invoking dev mode so one can update the TouchPanel firmware and A6 firmware!

So once set, one has to disable dev mode, then reboot then enable dev mode to bypass first use.

FYI if there are any files not part of the md5sums, the Doctor would fail validation.
    For TTS to be available, do we have to update the A6 firmware?
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxbg View Post
    Yes one must do the A6 firmware or Tap to share will not work, please read first post on how to do it and links to videos.
    Yes one must do the A6 firmware or Tap to share will not work, please read first post on how to do it and links to videos.
    Ok.... Will do so.

Keep up the good work guys! webOS lives because of guys like you.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Tested on EU Veer.. No problem installed everything and it's ok...
    I hope this version solve the damn problem of random shutdown...
    Quote Originally Posted by maxbg View Post
    Also take note that TTS ONLY works with the standard browser and NOT Advanced Browser. It through me for bit of a loop at first.
    I have tested the normal script 2.2.4... For now 3 calls and no reboot...
    But i need more testing...

@ John Steffes

What is the difference with the super script? It's use only the apps from pre 2 doctor or also other files?...
    Thanks.
    This worked flawlessly!!!

I have got the super Doc on mine, and it flew right through everything. Even the activation, which i usually stumble on.

Thanks John, this script is amazing!! And the TTS completed in under 30 secs. I forgot it doesnt give you feedback, so there's me, hitting the screen, wondering why it wouldnt work. lol

webOS is crazy fun to play around with!!
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by wMarck90 View Post
    Tested on EU Veer.. No problem installed everything and it's ok...
    I hope this version solve the damn problem of random shutdown...
    Thanks for testing on a EU Veer (updated first post)...

I have been told the random shutdown was related to the modem and 2100 bandwidth? Maybe/Maybe not? Others are still researching...

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Also take note that TTS ONLY works with the standard browser and NOT Advanced Browser. It through me for bit of a loop at first.
    Yes Tap to Share only works on the default browser (so Advanced and Universal will not work).

Quote Originally Posted by wMarck90 View Post
    I have tested the normal script 2.2.4... For now 3 calls and no reboot...
    But i need more testing...

@ John Steffes

What is the difference with the super script? It's use only the apps from pre 2 doctor or also other files?...
    Thanks.
    Thanks for testing and as quoted from first post:

Updated webOS 2.2.4 components (from the Pre2 build), Updated Bing Maps, transforms webOS 2.1.2 Maps app to GoogleMaps, bring back the older YouTube App and Amazon MP3 (from webOS 2.1.2) and Motionapps Classic Bits.

It uses a lot of files from a lot of different doctors [WR Pre2 webOS 224, Verizon Pre2 webOS 2.1.0 (Classic Service), Verizon PrePlus webOS 1.4.5.1 (Classic ROM), and Veer webOS 2.1.2 for (YouTube and Maps to GoogleMaps)]

As the Veer is the last Palm device is shares more with the Pre2/PrePlus/PixiPlus. The Pre3 has a different set of images as it also has 1.5 images which are used to scale to the new screen size.

Quote Originally Posted by smackead View Post
    This worked flawlessly!!!

I have got the super Doc on mine, and it flew right through everything. Even the activation, which i usually stumble on.

Thanks John, this script is amazing!! And the TTS completed in under 30 secs. I forgot it doesnt give you feedback, so there's me, hitting the screen, wondering why it wouldnt work. lol

webOS is crazy fun to play around with!!
    Thanks for testing I am glad the script has worked for so many...

If anyone has any issues to report please let me know if anything I can do to make the script/doctor better?
    Since this doesn't appear to be the same as Harrie's 2.2.4 for the veer, and that's what I'm running. Can someone please memboot an overclocking kernel for 2.1.2 and tell me what you get? If this would allow an overclocking kernel to work with it I'd blow away my 2.2.4 and use this doctor since I cannot use the overclocking kernels available for 2.1.2 with mine. It boots, but I get no sound or wifi. I can make calls, but don't hear anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    Since this doesn't appear to be the same as Harrie's 2.2.4 for the veer, and that's what I'm running. Can someone please memboot an overclocking kernel for 2.1.2 and tell me what you get? If this would allow an overclocking kernel to work with it I'd blow away my 2.2.4 and use this doctor since I cannot use the overclocking kernels available for 2.1.2 with mine. It boots, but I get no sound or wifi. I can make calls, but don't hear anything.
    We would need to do a similar trick as what was done with other phones by removing modules from the 2.2.4 kernel that are not used for the Veer and adding modules for the Veer. John has been working on this for other phones, see also WebOS 2.2.4 on Palm Pre+ or Pre...

John doesn't have a Veer, so he cannot do much about it at the moment. I'm happy to donate towards getting John a Veer or even send a Veer to him, but I'm not sure where he's located?
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    We would need to do a similar trick as what was done with other phones by removing modules from the 2.2.4 kernel that are not used for the Veer and adding modules for the Veer. John has been working on this for other phones, see also WebOS 2.2.4 on Palm Pre+ or Pre...

John doesn't have a Veer, so he cannot do much about it at the moment. I'm happy to donate towards getting John a Veer or even send a Veer to him, but I'm not sure where he's located?
    I do have access to a AT&T Veer now (this is how I tested the build), although if one wants the kernels from 2.1.2 to be installed on 2.2.4 they would need to extract the Kernel IPK's from webOSInternals and then copy over the uImage and make sure it will boot with it (depending on the kernel modules as well, but I would most likely leave webOS 2.2.4 versions, as there are differences with the PrePlus/Pre2 I left the Pre2 and the Power modules behaved better, so I assume Veer would be the same).

But this would need to be tested and validated, a lot of the kernels webOSInternals provides require some kernel modules to be updated.

The best is the same for all devices if someone can take the Pre2 Kernel (webOS 2.2.4) remove the Pre2 OMAP parts mash in the Veer (webOS 2.1.2) QualComm parts, one could build a Veer webOS 2.2.4 kernel.

Too bad HP/PALM will not open source all of their webOS kernels modifications for all devices.

Be much easier if we just had to go to open source palm and grab the modifications and build a new kernel.

Here is an incentive, money makes the world go round, why not start a fundraiser and give the pot collect to whoever can make a working webOS 2.2.4 kernel for the Veer (or PrePlus for that matter, or webOS 2.1.0 for PixiPlus)?

I have asked before if webOSInternals would venture but with their NDA agreement with HP/PALM they are prevented from doing this (They have never stated such but the lack of the statements makes me assume this).
    Last edited by John Steffes; 05/10/2012 at 08:53 AM.
    Has anyone been successful trying the 2.2.3 scripts? I was one of the original donors to Herries project back in the day and have 2.2.3 versions of the files. I can compile the new Doctor in Ubuntu but when it runs it gets to about 85% and stops. Looking at the 2.2.3 script it pulls down the Pre2 2.2.4 doctor instead of a Pre 3 2.2.3 doctor so I am wondering if it will work the way it is written.

I modified the script to use the Pre3 2.2.3 doctor instread of the Pre2 2.2.4 and it still stops at 85%, any ideas?
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by msmitt View Post
    Has anyone been successful trying the 2.2.3 scripts? I was one of the original donors to Herries project back in the day and have 2.2.3 versions of the files. I can compile the new Doctor in Ubuntu but when it runs it gets to about 85% and stops. Looking at the 2.2.3 script it pulls down the Pre2 2.2.4 doctor instead of a Pre 3 2.2.3 doctor so I am wondering if it will work the way it is written.

I modified the script to use the Pre3 2.2.3 doctor instread of the Pre2 2.2.4 and it still stops at 85%, any ideas?
    It only needs the pre2 doctor for the palm hotspot ipk...
    Some files were altered in the original rootfs tar and as it is easier just to reinstall the ipk to fix those files. Using pre3 vs pre2 source will not change anything else...

look for other posts of errors.at 85% or post your command line... Most of the time this is a corrupt partition.
    Hi John,
    Web OS internals says that at 85% the device is flashed so I will try again and see if that works, otherwise I will post the command line output, thanks for your help!
    Thanks John, although the Doctor running in normal win xp (not command line) failed again at 82% it worked! I went back to basics and started over from the beginning with your 2.2.4 script. Since I used my own original memboot backup I have a 2.2.4 Veer using my 2.2.3 files and your 2.2.4 script with A6 and touchscreen already installed!
    Does music play in stereo if Veer is updated this way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alinaki View Post
    I will check tonight when I get back from work
    Hi- just wanted to say thanks for the effort on this. I was able to update to 2.2.4 and performance and battery life seem improved. I have not had any crashes in three days of usage. I used the super doctor however I'm not seeing skype anywhere- should I try re-doctoring?

Also if I may be bold a suggestion for the instructions:

For webOS 2.2.3: Use terminal to mkdir –p doctor/223
    For webOS 2.2.4: Use terminal to mkdir –p doctor/224
    Maybe change this to:

For webOS 2.2.3: Use terminal to mkdir –p DOCTOR/223
    For webOS 2.2.4: Use terminal to mkdir –p DOCTOR/224
    Where DOCTOR is the name of the directory given to you by the last command.
    Also
    ... your boot logo you wish to use under scripts/bootlogo.tga
    to
    .. your boot logo to scripts/bootlogo.tga. You can use the default file from build/DOCTOR/webOS/BootLogo.tga
    Quote Originally Posted by Alinaki View Post
    No via regular headphone still not! Bluetooth stereo however DOES work properly, but it did already with "my" version too!
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast