Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Wish I could do more with the uImage but I am out of my league... and using a mac to develop linux uImages is just not working for me...

I am glad the scripts works as it does now... Did you use the Super version or just the Base version?

Tap to Share, does work open a web page on one at once you tap the logos (I seem to have to swipe) it opens on the other device (Bluetooth seems to be paired, but it does not show in profile)...

I have tested the Veer to a Touchpad and Pre3.
    I just used base, and tested Veer to my TouchPad and my Pre 3. It opens the page from one device to another. On every tap it'll say "Device paired to (other device name)".
    So, now how soon for MetaDoctor instructions?

Thanks for all the hard work!
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite_2448 View Post
    So, now how soon for MetaDoctor instructions?

Thanks for all the hard work!
    Follow this URL to install the meta-doctor application:
    Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

Then follow:
    webOS 2.2.4 Doctor for Veer for AT&T or WR

Other then that what steps are you having issues with?
    I cannot get uimage-extract to work. I keep getting errors about crc32

make moboot/lib/zlib/crc32.o
    cc -c -o moboot/lib/zlib/crc32.o moboot/lib/zlib/crc32.c
    moboot/lib/zlib/crc32.c:77:52: error: unknown type name ‘z_off64_t’
    moboot/lib/zlib/crc32.c: In function ‘crc32_combine_’:
    moboot/lib/zlib/crc32.c:344:5: error: unknown type name ‘z_off64_t’
    moboot/lib/zlib/crc32.c: In function ‘crc32_combine64’:
    moboot/lib/zlib/crc32.c:408:5: error: unknown type name ‘z_off64_t’
    moboot/lib/zlib/crc32.c:408:15: error: argument ‘len2’ doesn’t match prototype
    moboot/lib/zlib/zutil.h:165:27: error: prototype declaration
    make: *** [moboot/lib/zlib/crc32.o] Error 1
    I used the instructions on [GUIDE] Build CM9 Kernel w/o Building ROM! - HP Touchpad Android Development - RootzWiki completely, but no luck on getting the uimage-extract working
    Follow this URL to install the meta-doctor application:
    Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

Then follow:
    webOS 2.2.4 Doctor for Veer for AT&T or WR

Other then that what steps are you having issues with?
    To be quite honest, most of this forum is greek to me. Wasn't sure if there would be a dumbed down version. More explicit instructions I guess. Similar to Herrie's blog.
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  6.    #86  
    To be quite honest, most of this forum is greek to me. Wasn't sure if there would be a dumbed down version. More explicit instructions I guess. Similar to Herrie's blog.
    2+2=4?

Please explain what you do not understand?
    kryptonite_2448 likes this.
    2+2=4?

Please explain what you do not understand?
    lol... nice

8.    #88  
    lol... nice
    Really it is hard to help, if I do not know what issue you are having?

Ask yourself, what do I need? Computer, internet access, mac OSX or linux, enough disk space?

What part of this process do you not understand?

So in math we teach addition, then subtraction, then multiplication....

So back to math 2+2=4, now 4-2=2...
    zwergholdrio likes this.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    So I made the supered doctor last night (I had made it a few days ago, but got scared when my touch screen didn't work. Guess I should have read the instructions ).

Everything is running great so far so thanks! The only thing I've noticed is that it changed my H+ icon to a 3G icon (simple fix with a patch). I'm assuming it didn't really slow down my data speeds to 3G? haha
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    It's actually not bad if you have a mac or linux box to make the doctor. Just make sure you read the instructions carefully. It's all in there. What are you not understanding from it?
    Read this:

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ation-etc.html

1 step at a time. Don't skip steps. Need info, read the thread. Don't expect anyone to hold your hand; there are enough fingers pointing in the right direction in that thread.
    Once you have everything set up, read up on how to start a script. You'll know where to put John's script and that's it.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Read this:

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ation-etc.html

1 step at a time. Don't skip steps. Need info, read the thread. Don't expect anyone to hold your hand; there are enough fingers pointing in the right direction in that thread.
    Once you have everything set up, read up on how to start a script. You'll know where to put John's script and that's it.
    We can probably give you one more finger, but you wouldn't want it. And you know which finger it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    We can probably give you one more finger, but you wouldn't want it. And you know which finger it is.
    I'm just amazed at the patience I displayed in my previous post...
    Completely shocked and in awe I did not once call anyone a moron.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    The good news: It seems that my music is in full stereo when I'm using headphones. I had heard that was a problem with 2.2.4 in the past on the Veer.

The bad news: With almost no patches installed, it still reboots when I'm using the phone (for me it does it when I check my voicemail).
    maxbg likes this.
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    The good news: It seems that my music is in full stereo when I'm using headphones. I had heard that was a problem with 2.2.4 in the past on the Veer.

The bad news: With almost no patches installed, it still reboots when I'm using the phone (for me it does it when I check my voicemail).
    Ok, the AT&T Veer I am testing on is not on any carrier, it is unlocked WiFi, so I can not test VoiceMail retrieval, but I have loaded tons different applications streaming music, tap to share, angry birds, weather animation, gonvnah, etc... have yet to get the device to reboot on me.

But as I have read others have issues with Pixi/PixiPlus/Pre/PrePlus/Pre2/Pre3/Veer Rebooting it seems to be carrier specific according to the posts I have read, wonder if there is something in the messages log that can shed light on this issue?

If you do not mind posting your messages (/var/log) log you can send me a PM with the URL location if you do not want it public? (Not that I am going to fix it, but maybe we can try to find out what it is that it is trying to do before it reboots?)

Also do you reboot the phone at least once everyday?
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I PM'd you that log file. I used to reboot my Pre2 everyday, but my Veer never really needed it.

The only other thing I have to complain about is the dialer is messed up. The buttons don't look right like they were made for a bigger screen. I always type in the wrong numbers when I'm trying to dial.
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    I PM'd you that log file. I used to reboot my Pre2 everyday, but my Veer never really needed it.

The only other thing I have to complain about is the dialer is messed up. The buttons don't look right like they were made for a bigger screen. I always type in the wrong numbers when I'm trying to dial.
    For the modules: com.palm.app.phone, the Veer webOS 2.2.4 version is 1.1-62.37 and the Pre2 webOS 2.2.4 version is 1.1-62.38.

So I updated that module, on the test Veer it looks fine, but it is not connected to any carrier so I did not know if it would have any effect.

If this is an issue I can remove that module from coming over from the Pre2, let me know if anyone else is having issues with this?

FYI Why did I bring it over from the Pre2 not the Pre3, well the Pre3 has a different Image versions (1.5) so each module on the Pre3 has what I will call HD images for the new display (the phone looked really bad) when I first tested with the modules from Pre3, so when I used the Pre2 it seems to correct for the screen size. I also notice the Phone app can scroll up/down for better phone dialing.
    John Steffes, have you looked in this thread regarding a possible solution to the call reboot issue?

2.2.3/2.2.4 in call reboots and possible solution?

I'm sure you have, but I figured I'd just mention it in the event it somehow slipped through the cracks.

I'm hopeful this dropped call issue will be solved as I'd very much like to get my Veer updated to 2.2.4.
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paralel View Post
    John Steffes, have you looked in this thread regarding a possible solution to the call reboot issue?

2.2.3/2.2.4 in call reboots and possible solution?

I'm sure you have, but I figured I'd just mention it in the event it somehow slipped through the cracks.

I'm hopeful this dropped call issue will be solved as I'd very much like to get my Veer updated to 2.2.4.
    I looked over that thread it talks about patches and firmware issues related to not using the new Modem Firmware.

Both Base scripts extract the modem firmware from the rootfs (webOS 2.2.3 or webOS 2.2.4, which are the same version), and removes the webOS 2.1.x version and replaces it with this new one.

So the Doctor uses the latest Modem firmware and will bring you to the latest version, now the TAR also contains a NV items file (which they report is different then the one in the build) however, both pass the md5sums during the build, as I am not running a carrier modem file.

So unless someone reports that the Modem firmware fixes there issues then I am willing to state that it has nothing to do with the Modem Firmware.

Now the issue, I was looking at was a random reboot, but the logs I have gotten do not show any reboot so I can not target what would cause it.

Now I have a PrePlus, Pre2, and Pre3, which each have been reported to reboot randomly at time.

When I had the Pre2 on webOS 2.1.0 (Verizon ROM) it used to reboot a lot, but then I started rebooting the phone every day, and that issue went away... On my PrePlus (running webOS 2.2.4) I have an issue when I leave the phone on a touchstone in the morning it will not notice a call being received, however, calls work fine going out and data works fine, to fix this as I am on Verizon I force a PRL update (*22891) and sometimes a NAM update (*22899), then it wakes up...

Now the big issues with all the phones (Veer, PrePlus, Pre2, and Pre3) random rebooting, I think is related but to what I do not know as of yet.
    One thing I noticed... but probably minor and won't affect most people.

It seems like after First Use bypass after enabling Dev Mode, running the Gesture Tutorial actually starts Gesture Tutorial rather than First Use. The behaviour I've previously seen was that if the profile is Dr. Skipped FIrst Use, it should go start First Use rather than Gesture Tutorial.

This kinda forced me to activate the phone with an active SIM, but I actually wanted to activate it on Wi-Fi only to try it out first.

My theory is that since the files were extracted from already running devices, there might be a flag somewhere in the FS files or profiles that needs to be cleared?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast